Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I hope it’s not so bare that we can’t reject bids for players. If we are able to do so then I think we’re in decent position
to get the best value out of any sales/buys.
Who knows? I suspect we'll see someone going before the 30th June, I thought that was going to be Onana but maybe it will be DCL. If we see that big sale before the end of the reporting year we'll probably be in a decent position for the rest of the window (not in terms of buying anyone, just in terms of not being forced to take lowball offers for our players) but all of this is based on Everton Twitter financial analysis so it could be anything, really!

Not to put a damper on your enthusiasm, as there are a few nuggets there for optimism, but rough waters are still ahead. The second independent commission deferred the stadium interest issue, so another deduction could be incoming for that, plus another PSR window closes 30 June and if we do not sell enough players to offset losses, we could see yet another points deduction.

Potential administration looms, which would carry a points deduction, with interest payments mounting and borrowing just to pay operational costs, wages, etc. We will scramble to sell players before 30 June, likely getting less of a fee than if we had sold later in the window (see Richarlison, Nottingham Forest). Who knows what ownership group will step up and how we'll get the money to pay month to month bills. The approval process for some new ownership group will likely take some time once the 777 partners window closes on 31 May. If it's Textor, he has to sell CP before he can buy Everton, so that would be a longer timeline, perhaps MSP steps in, who really knows.

We will be shopping in the bargain bin yet again, loans, free transfers, for players that did not work out at other clubs, or at the very least are unproven in the PL. Onana will be gone, maybe DCL, with any luck we will keep Branthwaite.

Otherwise, I share your optimism. Thankfully no 777 at least. Hopefully we won't be watching QPR at Bramley Moore Dock in 2025 unless it's a Cup game I suppose. UTFT!

Bleedin 'ell.
"Apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln....what did you think of the play ? "

Tbh it looks like a dele level gamble. The dele gamble looked like we might have got a world class player, it couldn’t have turned out any worse that signing. Potential this one could go the same way.
Pep calling him out publically, makes me think behind the scenes his professionalism is questionable. This is man who puts up with grealish lifestyle
I’m not sure the two are comparable. Dele was signed by Lampard who naively thought he’d get a tune out of him by putting his arm around him. I also doubt Lampard at that time was aware/thinking about Dele in any business context, rather just a romantic/egotistical football view. Dyche is a more rounded manager and, as he’s said before, he won’t make gambles with the club finances. IF Phillips signs it’ll be based on sound logic of what he can do, not romantic notions of what he used to do. Either way, it’ll carry a degree of risk but it’ll be a more educated gamble from Dyche imo.

I would definitely swerve Phillips. He wasn't just not good for West Ham, he was horrible. He really only had one great season (20/21) which was likely helped by early season performances before teams figured Leeds out. He parlayed that into his England place and that got him a move to City.

I look at the fact he had four full seasons in the Championship between ages 20 and 24 and didn't get a move to the Premier League. I think the chance that his 20/21 was an outlier is much greater than the chance of him being useful for us.

I think some people here struggle with the concept of not having any money to spend.
When Kalvin Philips who cost over 60m is now not good enough to come to Everton on loan that in my opinion is prime delusion.

…regardless of monies, Phillips is only good enough if he’s going to make an effective contribution. We had Delph sit on the sidelines for two seasons on big bucks, so we have to be careful engaging a player who’s not been playing consistently for quite a while.

All of this ^

Btw could he bring a mate like Rico Lewis or Oscar Bobb.
City will spend big again putting these 2 further down the pecking order.
Like Palmer they'll be wanting game time.

They sold a goalie with no appearances two yrs ago for £15m. We ain’t buying anyone from them with double digit appearances!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back