Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

That's why I've been critical of dyche because I feel he maintains his favorites and doesn't give other players opportunities. Even McNeil who was great the final stretch of games never was in jeopardy of losing his place when he was struggling and it could be perceived as a detriment to Harrison who typically plays on the left
To be fair the end result seems to have justified the means.

Other than maybe Danjuma I don't see who else has been left out without getting a look in. We are proper threadbare squad wise.

Not read anything about this Phillips deal or more likely just a rumour.

As we’ve got nothing to spend and couldn’t afford his wages on loan I’d guess may have something to do with a sweetener for a JB transfer? Or first refusal when he does move on.

I guess the hope would be get him in early (ha!) and then Dyche can get him up and running. He was a January transfer for Moyes wasn't he?

Either way he was awful for West Ham, like really bad.

Think we all know he's an excellent player and maybe the move to City with all their superstars came too soon for him, but and I admit I could be wrong it snacks of a bad attitude for me, a bit time Charlie, plus the very high wage he will undoubtedly be on from City. The move sounds all wrong to me for a number of reasons. In fact 99% of the top six players are probably out of our reach, due to their wages.

As we’ve got nothing to spend and couldn’t afford his wages on loan I’d guess may have something to do with a sweetener for a JB transfer? Or first refusal when he does move on.
Originated from sky sports we could afford his wages it wouldn't be ideal but we just released gomes who I'd assume his wages are comparable

Think we all know he's an excellent player and maybe the move to City with all their superstars came too soon for him, but and I admit I could be wrong it snacks of a bad attitude for me, a bit time Charlie, plus the very high wage he will undoubtedly be on from City. The move sounds all wrong to me for a number of reasons. In fact 99% of the top six players are probably out of our reach, due to their wages.
Its possible of course but I think he just isn't quite good enough/the right fit for City (no shame in that).

I haven't really heard of any issue with him (Not like I keep up with Kalvin Phillips news either!) I would just assume that he didn't play for City much last year so by the time he got to West Ham he was out of shape and couldn't get going again. That would be the hope anyway.

We probably won't be signing him anyway!

Its such a random move. Especially after being burned with Dele.

If we had Phillips, Dele and Harrison all in form, fit and playing well then top 8 would be a distinct possibility.

Meanwhile due to their being no transfer fees it might mean we could sign a couple of kids to develop over 12months.

But the reality could be alot different.

Funny thing for me is weve not used Onana as a DM so why would we replace him with a DM.

The likes of Jordan James make more sense to me. Cant help being gutted we couldnt sign Wharton :(

£18mil rising to £22mil.

We should have gone for him in Jan even if we offered more money overall but payments starting in July.

Is he premier league quality?

The only time hes looked good in the premier league is under Bielsa where it was all out attack -- the opposite of how we play.

For England its different as its a different way of playing international football compared with the premier league.

Plus hes injury prone.

How many loans are we allowed if this happened and we had Harrison and Phillips?

Thats the long shot.

Well lets remember he was very highly rated, came through the England youth sides and looked good on the eye (at least to me) with a good passing range and tackling range.

I thought he'd be a good replacement for Onana or could play with him in a 2 if we used 2 deep midfielders.
You truly are King of the Multi reply.

Its possible of course but I think he just isn't quite good enough/the right fit for City (no shame in that).

I haven't really heard of any issue with him (Not like I keep up with Kalvin Phillips news either!) I would just assume that he didn't play for City much last year so by the time he got to West Ham he was out of shape and couldn't get going again. That would be the hope anyway.

I don't think moyes helped him by starting him instantly when he arrived

Harrison and Phillips in on loan is a good start.

Need another 4 (LB, CM, LW, RW) after that tho before any sales.
Would like us to be after a attacking mid if we can ohare (free) maybe bellingham (sunderland) was paper talk could be available for 12 mill
I think some people here struggle with the concept of not having any money to spend.
When Kalvin Philips who cost over 60m is now not good enough to come to Everton on loan that in my opinion is prime delusion.
Think is because of the money will be on over 100 atleast even with the best case of the loan. I do think would be worth looking at him.
Its such a random move. Especially after being burned with Dele.

If we had Phillips, Dele and Harrison all in form, fit and playing well then top 8 would be a distinct possibility.

Meanwhile due to their being no transfer fees it might mean we could sign a couple of kids to develop over 12months.
Not really a random move the club went after him last season so like danjuma can still thelwell and dyche still happy to bring him in. Would not really say he is is similar position to dele who just was out of form and was dropped by spurs, phillps just not been good enough at city's level, also his mistakes could be down to match fitness getting more games in would build up his sharpness. He would give us something we wanted from gomes with hie ability on the ball and could maybe help us counter faster on the break with balls over the top

That's why I've been critical of dyche because I feel he maintains his favorites and doesn't give other players opportunities. Even McNeil who was great the final stretch of games never was in jeopardy of losing his place when he was struggling and it could be perceived as a detriment to Harrison who typically plays on the left

We didn't have anyone else. Danjuma was out when McNeil was in his worst run of form.

Like now, we have 1 winger in the squad with Harrison and Danjuma leaving. McNeil. So he's bound to play.

It’s on bbc football page

Don’t even know is he defensive or attacking

If we get him he’s to replace onana IMO

And a loan so him and Harrison

How many are we allowed

Balanced reply fair enough mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back