Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Maybe getting him on loan lets the club get another cm a younger one similar to onana/chermitti. Will still need more cm with onana gomes dele all going

Its such a random move. Especially after being burned with Dele.

If we had Phillips, Dele and Harrison all in form, fit and playing well then top 8 would be a distinct possibility.

Meanwhile due to their being no transfer fees it might mean we could sign a couple of kids to develop over 12months.

But the reality could be alot different.

If we are looking to move Onana on and replace him with a defensive midfielder.

Rather Phillips who is a good player but far too much. So I would look at Jordan James at Birmingham.

Funny thing for me is weve not used Onana as a DM so why would we replace him with a DM.

The likes of Jordan James make more sense to me. Cant help being gutted we couldnt sign Wharton :(

How much did they pay for Wharton though? We can’t afford him at the moment (or a player of that profile) unless we sell Onana. We basically bough that profile of player in Garner a couple of years back and were in an even worse position financially now. There’s also a question of whether a player like Wharton would even want to join us any more, we’re a lot less stable than Palace.

£18mil rising to £22mil.

We should have gone for him in Jan even if we offered more money overall but payments starting in July.

We'd be stupid to not be proactively trying to bring him in.

There's not many Premier League quality midfielders who could be available on loan.

Is he premier league quality?

The only time hes looked good in the premier league is under Bielsa where it was all out attack -- the opposite of how we play.

For England its different as its a different way of playing international football compared with the premier league.

Smacks of Dele v2 this does.

Plus hes injury prone.

How many loans are we allowed if this happened and we had Harrison and Phillips?

Dude clearly wasn't fit as in match fit.

Hes a good player.

A good preseason and i think he would be excellent.

Thats the long shot.

I'm using Wharton as an example of PL experience meaning zilch.

Well lets remember he was very highly rated, came through the England youth sides and looked good on the eye (at least to me) with a good passing range and tackling range.

I thought he'd be a good replacement for Onana or could play with him in a 2 if we used 2 deep midfielders.

I was thinking more like ashley young who he plays despite his countless woeful appearances, and he still tries to get Keane on when he can and he played him despite Mina being fit the last season he was here until the final run of games where mina made the difference
This is a completely not true and needs calling out.

He has played twice in 2024, once as an 89th minute sub and the other for 35 mins in the Chelsea hammering.

He has played in 12 matches in total this season, 3 of them league cup games, the rest usually as a late sub.

This is a completely not true and needs calling out.

He has played twice in 2024, once as an 89th minute sub and the other for 35 mins in the Chelsea hammering.

He has played in 12 matches in total this season, 3 of them league cup games, the rest usually as a late sub
Okay then I retract the Keane comment how about ashley young then?

It isn't that he doesn't have talent. he clearly does, but there has to have been some sort of issue off the pitch with him. Didn't Guardiola accuse of him of being overweight at one point?

I'm not even sure that getting a full Dyche pre-season in would be enough for him.

It's not quite Dele Alli levels of gamble, but it's not a million miles away given what he earns and at best you might be able to convince City to cover half of that. I knew this summer was going to be tough, but I was thinking low risk loans and frees, not magic beans

If Moyes could not get him right on the pitch, what makes you think Dyche could ?

I was thinking more like ashley young who he plays despite his countless woeful appearances, and he still tries to get Keane on when he can and he played him despite Mina being fit the last season he was here until the final run of games where mina made the difference
Brother that was a year ago, how are we still bringing this up as if it's some great argument to slap against the man.

Yet you guys never defend the ashley young appearances after he cost us games , dyche love is a weird thing
Ok so we play Godfrey whose awful, Patterson who is awful as well. Maybe Garner and lose the midfield presence. Is that a better argument or we keeping on going.

All of this ^

Btw could he bring a mate like Rico Lewis or Oscar Bobb.
City will spend big again putting these 2 further down the pecking order.
Like Palmer they'll be wanting game time.

Rico Lewis and Archie Gray would be my longshot 'dream' defensive signings this summer.

Would sort both RB & DM long term and no doubt they'll both go onto become England players for a decade.

Imagine having Branthwaite, Gray and Lewis. What a pity dreams dont often come true...id add in Wharton to those 3 as well lol

These stories are ridiculous. Phillips and Harrison on loan, fair enough they make a lot of sense. But players worth that much money are just fantasy land and I don't understand how they can publish these stories alongside those on how much debt we're in

Florentino Luis isnt even a first choice starter and theyve signed his replacement already. Id be disappointed if we paid more than £12.5mil for him.

I'd rather we take some players on an elite club's bench that are upcoming youth prospects if we have to rely on loaning players

City tend to loan and sell youth players who are around their squad every season.

Would make more sense to me to bring in Oscar Bobb or Rico Lewis over Harrison and Phillips.

I think some people here struggle with the concept of not having any money to spend.
When Kalvin Philips who cost over 60m is now not good enough to come to Everton on loan that in my opinion is prime delusion.

Based on one good season under Bielsa?

He went for £42mil and I think the Leeds fans were fed up with him by then. He was a different player after Bielsa left.

Ok so we play Godfrey whose awful, Patterson who is awful as well. Maybe Garner and lose the midfield presence. Is that a better argument or we keeping on going.
Godfrey and Patterson are far better than ashley young at his current age. Godfrey and Patterson didn't make the howlers that young made this season, and conceded the penalties that ashley young did. That forest game he was truly blessed he had three situations that could of been easily called the other way on a different day

Okay then I retract the Keane comment how about ashley young then?
I'm not really bothered about Young, was only dispelling the incredibly unfair myth that Dyche loves Keane when he quite obviously does not. Loads of people say it and it proper annoys me especially has he has been the only manager he has worked under who has pretty much binned him off. It's like there is an agenda when people bring that up.

As for Young, well he has played every week in a team that has improved its points total I suppose. I don't want to see Young playing every week either but its not like we have Cafu sitting in the reserves either.

Godfrey and Patterson are far better than ashley young at his current age.
They really are not. That's the problem.

I mean you could say its better to play them as they have a future unlike Young but I would say Young keeping them out of the team says more about them than it does anybody else.

Actually to be fair Godfrey has been kind of OK-ish this season.

I'm not really bothered about Young, was only dispelling the incredibly unfair myth that Dyche loves Keane when he quite obviously does not. Loads of people say it and it proper annoys me especially has he has been the only manager he has worked under who has pretty much binned him off. It's like there is an agenda when people bring that up.

As for Young, well he has played every week in a team that has improved its points total I suppose. I don't want to see Young playing every week either but its not like we have Cafu sitting in the reserves either.
Fair enough I can respect your point

They really are not. That's the problem.

I mean you could say its better to play them as they have a future unlike Young but I would say Young keeping them out of the team says more about them than it does anybody else.

Actually to be fair Godfrey has been kind of OK-ish this season.
That's why I've been critical of dyche because I feel he maintains his favorites and doesn't give other players opportunities. Even McNeil who was great the final stretch of games never was in jeopardy of losing his place when he was struggling and it could be perceived as a detriment to Harrison who typically plays on the left

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back