Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Is Phillips even that injury prone?

Looks like he had a shoulder issue which needed surgery, but apart from that there’s no injury history since a hamstring injury he recovered from in March 22.

As City bought him after the injury for £45m they couldn’t have been too concerned about it?

He’s the perfect signing for us right now IMO. Stock is incredibly low after confidence knocks and no game time for the best team in world football.

The West Ham move was doomed because of his fitness issues and their form collapsing, but given a full preseason he could be a huge signing for us.

He was a banker for England and played his way into a Man City move. Crazy that so many fans are against the signing.

Hopefully we can get him without paying full wages, covering £100k pw for a year is £5m, probably a net increase of £1m on Onana’s wages while banking his £50-60m sale. An option to buy could be useful too, if we could negotiate one for ~£25m.

You truly are King of the Multi reply.

The name Zatara will echo through history.

Would like us to be after a attacking mid if we can ohare (free) maybe bellingham (sunderland) was paper talk could be available for 12 mill

Think is because of the money will be on over 100 atleast even with the best case of the loan. I do think would be worth looking at him.

Not really a random move the club went after him last season so like danjuma can still thelwell and dyche still happy to bring him in. Would not really say he is is similar position to dele who just was out of form and was dropped by spurs, phillps just not been good enough at city's level, also his mistakes could be down to match fitness getting more games in would build up his sharpness. He would give us something we wanted from gomes with hie ability on the ball and could maybe help us counter faster on the break with balls over the top

Bellingham available for £12mil :o ?

Not sure on Phillips, I thought Dele would come good and this chap has only really been great under Bielsa.

I think we have 4 loans in total, so that's 2 used up already.

Is it 2 domestic and 2 foreign?

Dyche is a long-term admirer of the central midfielder, admitting previously that he had wanted to sign Phillips back when he was Burnley boss. The then Burnley boss wanted to sign him in 2019 but the Clarets board at the time would not meet Leeds’ asking price. Phillips would later sign for Manchester City. But his time at the Etihad could be coming to a close - temporarily at least.
Dyche, said: “I thought he was a very good player then and I think he’s a very good player now. He’s developed since then and continues to do so, so fair play to him.

“Your scouts are out there collecting information, they are scurrying around, and sometimes one catches your eye. He was one for me, I don’t think my staff liked him as much, but I was strong on him. I was quite strong on that one and I thought he would have been a good acquisition for us, but we couldn’t do it. The chairman at the time wouldn’t put the money in that it would have taken. Unfortunately he was out of our price range.

“That’s the way it goes and he’s proven himself. He’s a player who I thought could continue to improve and he has. I liked him then and I like him now, I think he’s a very good player who has shown that. It doesn’t need me to say that and he’s shown that.”

Is Phillips even that injury prone?

Looks like he had a shoulder issue which needed surgery, but apart from that there’s no injury history since a hamstring injury he recovered from in March 22.

As City bought him after the injury for £45m they couldn’t have been too concerned about it?

He’s the perfect signing for us right now IMO. Stock is incredibly low after confidence knocks and no game time for the best team in world football.

The West Ham move was doomed because of his fitness issues and their form collapsing, but given a full preseason he could be a huge signing for us.

He was a banker for England and played his way into a Man City move. Crazy that so many fans are against the signing.

Hopefully we can get him without paying full wages, covering £100k pw for a year is £5m, probably a net increase of £1m on Onana’s wages while banking his £50-60m sale. An option to buy could be useful too, if we could negotiate one for ~£25m.
I'm going Say yes on the extensive injury history
Screenshot_20240528_144943_Chrome.webp

Dyche is a long-term admirer of the central midfielder, admitting previously that he had wanted to sign Phillips back when he was Burnley boss. The then Burnley boss wanted to sign him in 2019 but the Clarets board at the time would not meet Leeds’ asking price. Phillips would later sign for Manchester City. But his time at the Etihad could be coming to a close - temporarily at least.
Dyche, said: “I thought he was a very good player then and I think he’s a very good player now. He’s developed since then and continues to do so, so fair play to him.

“Your scouts are out there collecting information, they are scurrying around, and sometimes one catches your eye. He was one for me, I don’t think my staff liked him as much, but I was strong on him. I was quite strong on that one and I thought he would have been a good acquisition for us, but we couldn’t do it. The chairman at the time wouldn’t put the money in that it would have taken. Unfortunately he was out of our price range.

“That’s the way it goes and he’s proven himself. He’s a player who I thought could continue to improve and he has. I liked him then and I like him now, I think he’s a very good player who has shown that. It doesn’t need me to say that and he’s shown that.”

…interesting, thanks for sharing.

The name Zatara will echo through history.

Bellingham available for £12mil :eek: ?

Not sure on Phillips, I thought Dele would come good and this chap has only really been great under Bielsa.

Is it 2 domestic and 2 foreign?
Just paper talk so most likely rubbish but yeah that is how many loans can get really hope we use atleast 3 of the spots have one maybe saved for jan

Bleedin 'ell.
"Apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln....what did you think of the play ? "
Haha! Indeed.
I'm still unclear on how much interest payments and using loans to pay the wages impacts PSR. Are we just so far over that anything other than selling multiple players will leave us with deductions anyway or can some of those payments be written off in the calculations?
Great question. I can't even pretend to know the answer. I think a lot of the numbers are not published. If you can decipher it from the Commission's report (linked in the PL's statement linked further below), you are a better person than I am. What troubles me is the massive loss from last season as mentioned by the BBC below. However, that loss does not directly relate to the PSR loss, there are a lot of carve-outs, so only a portion of that loss will relate to PSR, it's unclear how much, but it's scary that overall losses were double the prior year. For PSR of course, we cannot exceed £105m over the most recent three year period, but again, how much of the overall loss counts toward PSR is not clear (to me at least). The Esk also has a nice summary linked below.

From BBC:
Everton have reported financial losses of £89.1m in their latest accounts covering the 2022-23 season.

It is the sixth successive year of losses for the Toffees and more than double the £44.7m deficit in 2021-22.

From the PL:
- As the decision records, there remains a dispute between the Premier League and the club as to the status of certain costs that the club says are associated with its stadium construction. The League considers that these costs fall to be considered as a loss for the purposes of the PSRs. The club contends that these costs are not losses, given that they relate to the construction of the stadium and have been capitalised in their audited accounts. This issue, and the question of whether any additional sanction should be applied, will be resolved by the same Commission at a later date.

The Esk's summary: https://theesk.org/2024/04/09/summa...ng-everton-v-premier-league-25-27-march-2024/

Not read anything about this Phillips deal or more likely just a rumour.

As we’ve got nothing to spend and couldn’t afford his wages on loan I’d guess may have something to do with a sweetener for a JB transfer? Or first refusal when he does move on.

There was a vague link to Phillips in January wasn't there? However West Ham were much higher in table and still in Europe so no surprise he went there.

That loan was a disaster and I reckon he'd have gone to Leeds if they'd been promoted so realistically his options are pretty limited so I can see it happening given it's down the road and getting "Dychefit" would do him the world of good.

Pretty much the Onana replacement.

With Harrison I assume two domestic loans is the limit or can you have more?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back