Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

We should be taking the absolute piss with our loan offer to City, like covering 20-30% of his wages kind of piss taking. His stock couldn’t be lower and they’re stuck with him until he plays his way back into form.

I’m not against us getting Phillips but there’s still no reason at all for us to be doing them a favour.

Lance Armstrong FC literally own 13 football clubs mate, I think they will be alright for options. ;)

We’ve done a good job of getting rid of so many big contracts over the last few years, we probably could afford to have maybe one bigger contract like Phillips.

Did we think Gareth Barry was past it when he first signed before he played?

The guy has made a terrible decision going to City for the English quota, but the bar is so high there. It's going to have an impact knowing you're nowhere near as good as those players around you. West Ham was a bad situation to walk into, so I think it's a bit harsh to compare him to Dele. Got to take a chance on this one and not assume everyone is like that.

Did we think Gareth Barry was past it when he first signed before he played?

The guy has made a terrible decision going to City for the English quota, but the bar is so high there. It's going to have an impact knowing you're nowhere near as good as those players around you. West Ham was a bad situation to walk into, so I think it's a bit harsh to compare him to Dele. Got to take a chance on this one and not assume everyone is like that.
City fans were a bit gutted about Barry leaving from what I recall.

Its really not the same thing mate.

But Phillips is a talented boy and if The Gaffer things hes what we need, well there is it.

His wages will only matter if he flops, if he hits the ground running nobody will care what we pay him.

Jack Harrison!!!!!
Oh lord, the nightmare, she is real...
917eddacc6d371224e6d7fc3277f918b.gif

I suspect hes the Onana replacement.

The Gomes replacement is still to come.
Yeah agree with him looking to be a starter in the team but if we can get him on loan i still think the club will look to buy the next onana in a player to grow the have room to make profit

City fans were a bit gutted about Barry leaving from what I recall.

Its really not the same thing mate.

But Phillips is a talented boy and if The Gaffer things hes what we need, well there is it.

His wages will only matter if he flops, if he hits the ground running nobody will care what we pay him.
He'll need to sign up to the training regime - will he have the appetite?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back