Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

If we can move Onana on and bring in 3/4 midfielders like:

Kalvin Phillips - Loan
Jack Harrison - Loan
Jordan James - £6-10m
Emiliano Martinez - £5-8m
Is that a realistic fee for Jordan James? Could imagine Brum would want more, although I guess now being in League 1 could force their hand a bit

Wan-Bissaka. Get him for right-back.
I think Dyche is comfortable with plodding through the season chopping and changing between whoever is fit out of Young, Coleman and Godfrey. Patterson in an emergency if all three are unavailable.

In terms of the latest 'firesale' news...

Everton has LOADS of players that could be sold 'cheaply' to bring in a quick £70-odd million to keep us going: Onana (40m would be considered very cheap), Maupay (7-10m would be deemed cheap for a relatively established mid-table striker), Godfrey (utility man that played loads last season when we basically finished mid-table, should be an easy £7-10m), Keane (few million on a two year deal for somebody), Holgate (few pence), Beto (10m for a striker that's proven he can perform ok-ish in Italy).

Absolutely no need to be selling our real assets Pickford, Branthwaite or DCL.

Last edited:
As a fan base we will always find fault with every player linked . Genuinely suspect if Messi himself decided to join we’d find some fault !! Most important thing for me as a fan is that we go into Bramley Moore as a premiership team , then we try and build . This year for me will be about safety / security. So the likes of Philips / Harrison know the league . If Dyche can see a team with them in it and he feels that he can get a turn out of them well then that’s good enough for me . Let’s not lash every player that were linked with

As a fan base we will always find fault with every player linked . Genuinely suspect if Messi himself decided to join we’d find some fault !! Most important thing for me as a fan is that we go into Bramley Moore as a premiership team , then we try and build . This year for me will be about safety / security. So the likes of Philips / Harrison know the league . If Dyche can see a team with them in it and he feels that he can get a turn out of them well then that’s good enough for me . Let’s not lash every player that were linked with
Too short
Lacks physicality
One footed
Doesn’t run all day

Swerve

Phillips loan to West Ham was a disaster. A real chance for him to get his career back on track and put himself in the window this summer and he stunk the gaff out with a decent level of player around him. If Dyche thinks he can bring the best out of him then fair enough but the loans need to be used wisely. Can't be blamed for being skeptical considering his showing this year and some of the dross we have brought in the last few years.

SD seems to be quite a dab hand at the arm-round-the-shoulder getting-people-back-on-track kind of thing, so if he reckons there's a player there, then have at it

Phillips loan to West Ham was a disaster. A real chance for him to get his career back on track and put himself in the window this summer and he stunk the gaff out with a decent level of player around him. If Dyche thinks he can bring the best out of him then fair enough but the loans need to be used wisely. Can't be blamed for being skeptical considering his showing this year and some of the dross we have brought in the last few years.
Not sure he cant play with good players. He played very well with England.

If the fire sale rumours are to be believed. This is the assets we can sell

Let's say we can sell for
Pickford £30-35M
Branthwaite £80M
Doucoure £10M
DCL £25M
Onana £50-60M
Mykolenko - £30-35M
Tarkowski - £25M
McNeil - £25-30M
Dobbin - £8M
Patterson - £12-20M

Cheap options we could bring in
James Trafford £20M
Kepa - £15M
De Gea Free
Alfie Doughty - £10-12M
Charlie Taylor Free
Jayden Bogle Free
Phillips Loan
Ndidi Free
Barkley Free
Gustavo Hamer - £15-20M
Ben Brereton Diaz £10-12M
Adams - £12-15M
Iheanacho - £15M
Bamford - £6-8M
Armstrong - £8M

The options are not all ones I like but trying to put more low budget options out there. DCL would be hardest to replace IMO and wouldn't sell.

I don't think we would replace Jarrad sure him will just play Keane.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back