Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Phillips loan to West Ham was a disaster. A real chance for him to get his career back on track and put himself in the window this summer and he stunk the gaff out with a decent level of player around him. If Dyche thinks he can bring the best out of him then fair enough but the loans need to be used wisely. Can't be blamed for being skeptical considering his showing this year and some of the dross we have brought in the last few years.
Needs to go somewhere not trying too hard to relaunch his career. Needs to go somewhere humbly to do the absolute basics, work hard, no Hollywood football on the edge of his own box, and earn his place in the starting lineup of a team way below City. Then see where it takes him.

We can be that team if it’s a cheap loan with partial wages. If it’s a full contract or loan with fee and massive wages, then no we probably cant take the risk.

No maybe about it he said it in 2021 as it says on the tweet you're quoting! He was saying it about wanting Phillips before he became a big name.
He was already a name at Leeds then, Dyche only has 2 staff with him if the 3 of them can't agree on a player it's hardly a great sign is it. Unless Phillips is prepared to take a huge wage cut I doubt this will happen anyway tbh, we will see.

If the fire sale rumours are to be believed. This is the assets we can sell

Let's say we can sell for
Pickford £30-35M
Branthwaite £80M
Doucoure £10M
DCL £25M
Onana £50-60M
Mykolenko - £30-35M
Tarkowski - £25M
McNeil - £25-30M
Dobbin - £8M
Patterson - £12-20M

Cheap options we could bring in
James Trafford £20M
Kepa - £15M
De Gea Free
Alfie Doughty - £10-12M
Charlie Taylor Free
Jayden Bogle Free
Phillips Loan
Ndidi Free
Barkley Free
Gustavo Hamer - £15-20M
Ben Brereton Diaz £10-12M
Adams - £12-15M
Iheanacho - £15M
Bamford - £6-8M
Armstrong - £8M

The options are not all ones I like but trying to put more low budget options out there. DCL would be hardest to replace IMO and wouldn't sell.

I don't think we would replace Jarrad sure him will just play Keane.
Are you a Zat multi !

If our main business this summer was the following (based on recent incoming player links):

Maupay out and replace with Che Adams
Onana out and replace with Dendonker and/or Phillips
Harrison returns
Charlie Taylor free transfer
Maintain rest of current squad going into the campaign

Would you consider that an improved squad or be worried?

Financially we'd make money from the above.

Pickford £30-35M
Branthwaite £80M
Doucoure £10M
DCL £25M
Onana £50-60M
Mykolenko - £30-35M
Tarkowski - £25M
McNeil - £25-30M
Dobbin - £8M
Patterson - £12-20M

James Trafford £20M
Kepa - £15M
De Gea Free
Alfie Doughty - £10-12M
Charlie Taylor Free
Jayden Bogle Free
Phillips Loan
Ndidi Free
Barkley Free
Gustavo Hamer - £15-20M
Adams - £12-15M
Iheanacho - £15M
Bamford - £6-8M
Armstrong - £8M

The options are not all ones I like but trying to put more low budget options out there. DCL would be hardest to replace IMO and wouldn't sell.

@Goat competition for Zatman here. Dobbin for £8m.

McNeil - £25-30M
giphy.gif

As a fan base we will always find fault with every player linked . Genuinely suspect if Messi himself decided to join we’d find some fault !! Most important thing for me as a fan is that we go into Bramley Moore as a premiership team , then we try and build . This year for me will be about safety / security. So the likes of Philips / Harrison know the league . If Dyche can see a team with them in it and he feels that he can get a turn out of them well then that’s good enough for me . Let’s not lash every player that were linked with

literally the worst/laziest shout when it comes to player or management recruitment. oh they've been crap in the premier league for years but they know it so that's great then.

Pickford £30-35M
Branthwaite £80M
Doucoure £10M
DCL £25M
Onana £50-60M
Mykolenko - £30-35M
Tarkowski - £25M
McNeil - £25-30M
Dobbin - £8M
Patterson - £12-20M

James Trafford £20M
Kepa - £15M
De Gea Free
Alfie Doughty - £10-12M
Charlie Taylor Free
Jayden Bogle Free
Phillips Loan
Ndidi Free
Barkley Free
Gustavo Hamer - £15-20M
Adams - £12-15M
Iheanacho - £15M
Bamford - £6-8M
Armstrong - £8M

Jesus wept. Your figures are way out. Every club is tight on PSR but they are whacking in £30 mill + bids for McNeil and Myko? 🤣🤣

He was already a name at Leeds then, Dyche only has 2 staff with him if the 3 of them can't agree on a player it's hardly a great sign is it. Unless Phillips is prepared to take a huge wage cut I doubt this will happen anyway tbh, we will see.
No he said it in 2021 about wanting him before he became a big name like I just said. He was saying he had wanted to sign him a couple of years before but they hadn't been able to afford him you've just misunderstood the whole point of the quote AND the explanations of it somehow but good to see you still got a dig at Dyche in for *checks notes* identifying a future England international and £45m player while they were in the championship.

Jesus Christ - these are the 2024 season highlights !! Any touch on him when he's in possession and he throws himself on the floor. On £150k a week ! 28 years old and poor injury record. And history of poor professionalism - Guardiola publicly slated him for being overweight. Psychologically, a player on his way down in his career. Good luck to the lad if he joins us and hope he's brilliant but it's a very expensive risk in terms of wages and loan fee - can we afford to take such a risk ?

If our main business this summer was the following (based on recent incoming player links):

Maupay out and replace with Che Adams
Onana out and replace with Dendonker and/or Phillips
Harrison returns
Charlie Taylor free transfer
Maintain rest of current squad going into the campaign

Would you consider that an improved squad or be worried?

Financially we'd make money from the above.

Harrison is a no brainer mate, it keeps the structure from last year and if the loan clause is to be believed costs us a negligible amount compared to having to bring someone in to replace him. Another thing i dont think that gets mentioned or acknowledged with him, is he arrived here injured and didnt have a proper preseason, he just came into the team in Sep/Oct - i think a lack of a preseason showed at times, ive seen him better, so with that - if he comes, i think we see a better player next year.

Gomes to Phillips would be the flip for me, Gomes cost us 11 mill a year, so even if we were to invest a bit (negotiable with City) with his wage we save money.

Priority for me would be flipping Onana, for someone who can stand on the ball, playmake and create - we badly need this - the absolute priority. They dont come cheap and we would need to look for value - maybe Ndiaye who we were strongly linked with who hasnt really taken of in France and who we seemed to hold a strong interest in. Another player i really like is Odobert at Burnley, but this close season will be all about cutting our cloth - but a winger and a play maker id say is a step too far.

Taylor another no brainer in my opinion.

Working on the probably wrong assumption that DCL signs a new contract, Young superstar stays and Pickford isn't sold.

If DCL goes id be after Adebayo.

Would much rather sell Onana and DCL then Branthwaite if it was up to me.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back