Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Would it not be better to spend it on someone that can come into the first team and contribute straight away?

Yeah , but we don’t have money to spend on player like that as our recruitment has been so bad for so long . We will be shopping in the 10-15m bracket and that buys you either a young prospect of someone approaching 30. I’m saying I would prefer the former to the latter

The higher the fee and higher the wages the higher or more costly the risk and unless they turn into a 50-60m pound player there is no real up side . We basically made no money on Richy and he was a “ success here” I’d argue that after signing him for 50m and selling him for 60m .. once you adjust for inflation. His value actually went down.
But since when has it all been about how much we sell them for and not about how they play! Thats the point. Signing Jack Harrison for 10 mil and him giving us 4 good years of solid service helping us achieve our objectives and then being sold for 2 mil is better than us spending the same money on a 20 year old Belgian prospect who never improves and leaves on a free transfer after a couple of failed loans its that simple. Signing old players or young players or players with premier league experience or without it or players over or under 20 mil - none of it matters! What matters is how well they perform for us and the value we get from that not how much their transfer value could increase by in theory if everything goes amazingly for them.

Yeah , but we don’t have money to spend on player like that as our recruitment has been so bad for so long . We will be shopping in the 10-15m bracket and that buys you either a young prospect of someone approaching 30. I’m saying I would prefer the former to the latter
£10-15m bracket can get you a player who can go straight into the first team, irrelevant if he's 19,24,28, or 31!

The contribution Tarkowski has given us the last 2 seasons, id of been happy to pay £10-15m for him!

£10-£15m could of got you last summer Max Aarons, Justin Kluivert, Mark Flekken, Daniel Munoz, Tatith Chong, Murillo, Vini Souza, who would of all been first team ready players!

People need to stop wrapping themselves up in Footy Manager esq projects and actually look at what the team needs for the coming season!
That will be the same thinking Sean Dyche has!

It still is hysterically funny to me that almost everywhere is saying "Everton need to soften their ambition for Branthwaite transfer" as if we should be doing Utd a favor and sell him at a cut right deal to them for 0 reason.
The England announcement is a bit of a reality check on his value to be honest. We shouldn’t sell him for any less than we need to but it’s obviously going to be hard to say we want a world record fee for someone who can’t get in the international team ahead of Lewis dunk it doesn’t affect how good he is but it does affect his market value.

It still is hysterically funny to me that almost everywhere is saying "Everton need to soften their ambition for Branthwaite transfer" as if we should be doing Utd a favor and sell him at a cut right deal to them for 0 reason.

It hasn’t happened by accident mate, the big clubs don’t just leak to the media, they can set the narrative to - we will tell you we’re after Branthwaite to publish, but you have to say this is what we will pay and what’s “realistic”.

Can’t wait to get rid of him to be honest. When he started at us I thought wow he’s going to be a superstar, now I just think he’s going to be so average it’s incredible. I have no idea what Arsenal are thinking.

Rice and Onana with maybe Partey to departey?

Can’t wait to get rid of him to be honest. When he started at us I thought wow he’s going to be a superstar, now I just think he’s going to be so average it’s incredible. I have no idea what Arsenal are thinking.

Rice and Onana with maybe Partey to departey?
I dont really feel anyway about him has been a good move for us is not the finished player but does has room to grow. Problem is like most of football is alot of players prices just crazy, could be bayern united or arsenal imo hope that we can get a good price

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back