Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

He was happy for to stay a season on loan here, then he thought he would be ready to start for Chelsea. He went off and had a terrible world cup, Chelsea made up their mind he was n`t good enough for them and he reluctantly signed for us as no one else seemed interested. Gave me the impression after a while he wanted to be somewhere else, playing champions league, got the move to MU, and after a short while wanted to be somewhere else, got move to Italy, and wanted to move to Chelsea, got move to Chelsea, 6 months later wanted to go back to Italy.

So its a no for me.
Past his peak. Obviously still a player, but for the money he would no doubt want...

If it wasn't for the 30th June deadline that wouldn't be the case, it's less about us taking less money because united want him and more about us making sure we take any money to avoid another deduction. Clubs know this, and he won't be going for anywhere near our valuation
Let’s just sell some other deadwood players on the cheap instead

PSR is bonkers.

You buy a 40m player on 4 year contract - 10m each year PSR

Sell them for 40m after 2 years and make 20m PSR. Buy a 40m player to replace them on a 4 year deal at PSR cost of 10m per year

So it forces you to keep turning over your playing staff unless you are a rich (high income) club
That’s the fault of treating player contracts like fixed assets (spreading the cost over the period in which benefits arise i.e. length of contract).

The year they brought that accounting treatment in I had to sit in a room with a cantankerous but quite amusing PL manager going down the squad list asking him to confirm if each player was still “worth” their amortised value or needed additional write-down. He said yes to every one whilst staring at me like I’d just urinated on his daughter’s birthday cake.

It’s not ALL about goals, but goals do kinda come in handy. £4.5 million for a 30 year old Pienaar back then is probably the equivalent of about 12 million now as well.

It’s funny how Pienaar was welcomed back with open arms after he openly threatened the club with leaving on a free unless he became the clubs highest paid player. Compare that to Barkley, who is vilified to the max just because Chelsea didn’t buy him when we said so.
Local lads always get the biggest criticism. More expected from them.

Strange really.

Do we even have a local lad in the first team?

They wont club still have to make a sale for psr then still have a limit what we can spend. If it was just about money clubs like newcastle would just be out spending
How much money do we need to make before June 30th for us to be PSR compliant?

And if all the 6 clubs 'in danger of PSR breach' don't sell before the deadline would the premier league really dock all of us points at the beginning of the season?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back