Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

If Dobbin goes, I’d quite like us to go for Jack Clark at Sunderland. Put up some good numbers this year.

I know he is a LW but I’d want McNeil taking over Doucoures role meaning Doucoure becomes back up, and McNeil can act as the LW back up if Clark is ever injured.

I imagine Harrison comes back at RW, and we back him up with a youth prospect (Mills?).
Too lightweight for me is Clark.

It was 12th place and dyche averaged around a goal a game in his managerial career, not sure that’s changing,
He’s to set in his ways and you need to attack and score goals to get around the European paces

If we can manage joint 11th with what we had to deal with last season, I don’t think a push for Europe is too far fetched, especially if we add to our attack.

I do believe that Dyche has qualified for European football before, with the mighty Burnley.

If we can manage joint 11th with what we had to deal with last season, I don’t think a push for Europe is too far fetched, especially if we add to our attack.

I do believe that Dyche has qualified for European football before, with the mighty Burnley.

Nah we are talking about finishing above at least 2 from Man Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle or Villa. No way is that happening next season.

You can’t be joint, that’s not how the league works. And that was a fluke season we’ve seen them before, she’d utd got 9th 4 yrs ago and relegated the next season. And after Burnley got 7th they went backwards,
Which is understandable, but he couldn’t stop the decline and eventually they went down and he got sacked.

Dyche will be under more pressure this season with new owners

Because life is massively different to what it used to be! Some would argue (like yourself) that it should be easier as the world is getting smaller!
But as the world is getting smaller, you could argue the political landscape, peoples opinions and ability to adapt has also got smaller!
This is not just set to Italians, its probably an actual comment on the world as a whole in 2024
Every country has footballers from all over the world. A few of us on here gave examples of Italians who settled here to prove that they can and do. You decided to assert that only recent examples are allowed to count for reasons best known to yourself. Now you are on some bizarre one about geopolitics. I will leave it at that and remember in future that all examples relating to footballers must be from the last 10 years for fear of being labelled out of touch.

Nah we are talking about finishing above at least 2 from Man Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle or Villa. No way is that happening next season.

The league table never turns out how it is expected to.

We have a top 4 defence, and I don’t think we need to be petrified by the likes of Newcastle and Villa imo. They really aren’t a million miles away; both were in our situation not so long ago.

OM: Everton has made an offer for Iliman Ndiaye​

By Santi Aouna - Sebastien Denis - 06/20 - 08:02
2 min.
Iliman Ndiaye with OM
@Maxppp

After a disappointing season at OM, Iliman Ndiaye does not know what his future will hold. Despite everything, the Senegalese international remains highly rated on the transfer market across the Channel. Everton, who have followed and appreciated the player for many months, have made him a priority for the summer transfer window. An offer, the amount of which has not been filtered, was sent to OM. Other English clubs are keen on the idea of recovering the Senegalese.​

Why are we repeatedly torturing ourselves with slow wingers. This is a mad signing.

You can’t be joint, that’s not how the league works. And that was a fluke season we’ve seen them before, she’d utd got 9th 4 yrs ago and relegated the next season. And after Burnley got 7th they went backwards,
Which is understandable, but he couldn’t stop the decline and eventually they went down and he got sacked.

Right, so you acknowledge that ‘fluke’ seasons can occur, and I presume that you also acknowledge that Everton have one of the best defences in the league, right?

Nobody will cack themselves if Everton push for Europe next season; it really won’t make the front page.

Bit unfair to label that season a fluke.

It’s very difficult to fluke anything in the league over 38 games.

Weve been told the price for Branthwaite many times...it changes hourly/daily in the media.

Point is, we dont know what the club would accept for Onana. I'd be horrified if its £50mil. Thats even lower than Lavia a year ago :eek:

I do think we should sell DCL and Godfrey if they want pay increases. In an ideal situation, they and other players leave so we can keep our best -- then Friedkin invest.
As much as I’m neutral on best on Onana, he has to be worth at least the same as Lavia. Probably more given he’s a full Belgian international.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back