Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Right, so you acknowledge that ‘fluke’ seasons can occur, and I presume that you also acknowledge that Everton have one of the best defences in the league, right?

Nobody will cack themselves if Everton push for Europe next season; it really won’t make the front page.
It was also 7/8 years ago Burnley. It’s a tougher league now, a lot more teams have been spending money after the top 6, you still have villa, Newcastle, West Ham have all spent plenty, even the likes of Bournemouth, Fulham,
I expect Brighton to spend for their new manager after bringing in a lot of money over the last few seasons. I will be amazed if we get anywhere near top half

Bit unfair to label that season a fluke.

It’s very difficult to fluke anything in the league over 38 games.
Maybe a fluke was a bit harsh, but you do get them. Leicester won the league then got 9th the next season ,
When we got 4th the following year we were 11th

It was also 7/8 years ago Burnley. It’s a tougher league now, a lot more teams have been spending money after the top 6, you still have villa, Newcastle, West Ham have all spent plenty, even the likes of Bournemouth, Fulham,
I expect Brighton to spend for their new manager after bringing in a lot of money over the last few seasons. I will be amazed if we get anywhere near top half

I’m sorry but there is no way that I’m cacking myself about West Ham, Newcastle and Villa. Every single one of them were in a very similar position to Everton over the last few years. Each one of them has been involved in a relegation fight within the last few years; some of them were in the Championship not so long ago.

We have one of the best defences in the league, and if we stop missing so many open goals next season, then I think we are definitely in the same bracket as West Ham, who pushed for Europe last season, but only finished four points above a supposedly ultra woeful Everton side.

I’m not the one providing guarantees here, by the way. I just don’t think it’s that far fetched. It wouldn’t be some major shock in footballing circles. Progressing from 11th to 7th in one season is by no means unheard of.

Could we not do something mad like sell Onana to Roma for 100 million and fix our psr and it will go to the same owner. This is based on Dan buying us like.

So you are telling me Tim Iroegbunam has his medical today, Jack Harrison is almost a done deal and we made offers (with actual cash I guess) for 21 year old Bove and 24 year old Ndiaye and It’s not even July?
Can somebody wake me up please, because I have to be dreaming.
I wonder to what extent the new owner is involved in all these transfers.

So you are telling me Tim Iroegbunam has his medical today, Jack Harrison is almost a done deal and we made offers (with actual cash I guess) for 21 year old Bove and 24 year old Ndiaye and It’s not even July?
Can somebody wake me up please, because I have to be dreaming.
I wonder to what extent the new owner is involved in all these transfers.
So I appreciate this may be radical but maybe having people in charge with a vague idea on how football works isn’t a completely bad thing

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back