Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I must admit if this Ndiaye story is true, it’s all starting to get a bit exciting and very positive. I can’t imagine what this forum would look like if it was happy, I’ve only been using GOT since the Rafael days 😂
I can still remember this forum from Martinez's first season. It was such a cheerful place back then

Ornstein: But United’s proposal on the first official day of the window, far lower than Everton’s asking price, suggests they believe their Premier League counterparts might have to consider letting him go before the month ends. That figure appears to be out of United’s reach, so do they keep pushing or back off and focus on alternative targets? Will Everton be able to shift someone else or could their stance change?

Joyce: Everton believe that a successful deal would make them compliant with Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR) and consequently they would not have to sell Branthwaite for any less than their target fee.

Inews: Insiders believe that the terms of that deal – Dobbin is an academy graduate so represents “pure profit” – would virtually eradicate Everton’s PSR concerns and ease pressure on them to sell other players.

Ornstein reckons we need to sell, Joyce thinks Everton believe Dobbin would make us compliant preventing us selling Branthwaite for less than target - and Mark Douglas in iNews thinks Dobbin's sale would "virtually eradicate" PSR pressure.

Ornstein reckons we need to sell, Joyce thinks Everton believe Dobbin would make us compliant preventing us selling Branthwaite for less than target - and Mark Douglas in iNews thinks Dobbin's sale would "virtually eradicate" PSR pressure.

To add to this;

Patrick Boyland/Athletic has said "Mindful of not infringing for a third time, the expectation was that they would make sales before the June 30 deadline" and "They have looked to work collaboratively with other clubs facing similar issues, including Villa"

And also "Everton believe the sale of Dobbin is crucial in ensuring PSR compliance. The exact fees are yet to be disclosed but one thing is certain — Everton and Villa will come away having strengthened their PSR position."

Full article is here - paywall/please nobody post full version.

Worth noting on Branthwaite, Utd themselves have a PSR deadline, they aren't in the best position to spend money themselves before July 1st.

Ornstein is Anti-Everton...especially after having to listen to him waffle on about how we deserved our points deduction,am convinced he's in bed with the PL and scum 6.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back