Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Pace is all I care about nowadays with this slug team.

Whatever about that Luton team, they could transition very well and get up the pitch, he was often part of that, i kept an eye on him a bit if im honest as he stood out Vs Norway in their game at home against them to me and i had him in my Fantasy team, his season was interrupted by the AFCON and he struggled a bit with injury in the last few months.

Last edited:
I actually feel sorry for Dobbin. He will be leaving us, where he didn’t get a game, to go to Villa where he won’t get a game. He will be sitting there this time next year thinking what the hell is going on.

I think he'd jump at a reset on a PL contract mate and what that does for his profile - when you look at Broadhead, Simms and Cannon they had to drop down a level. Its a short career.
Oh for sure he was never turning it down but it's a weird situation for the lad not really knowing how much he is really wanted and how much is just accountancy. But if he does go on loan hopefully it goes well for him and gives him good options for the future.

Oh for sure he was never turning it down but it's a weird situation for the lad not really knowing how much he is really wanted and how much is just accountancy. But if he does go on loan hopefully it goes well for him and gives him good options for the future.

I think players have to be pragmatic mate, he would be looking at his situation and not getting in ahead of Young at the end of the year and would have been thinking of his next step, logically that was probably the Championship, to get a PL deal even if he does go out on loan given others had to drop down a level is win for him i think.

Realistically i don't think he was making it here and we have made the mistake of hanging onto lads too long out of worry they might come good here - he might - but he needs to go out and play and that wont happen here. He actually might suit Villa, they play way more on the counter then us so they will be looking at his pace. He might also think Emery is a coach he can learn from.

Tell you what though, whatever you think of Kev, he's getting money in from the academy.

I think players have to be pragmatic mate, he would be looking at his situation and not getting in ahead of Young at the end of the year and would have been thinking of his next step, logically that was probably the Championship, to get a PL deal even if he does go out on loan given others had to drop down a level is win for him i think.

Realistically i don't think he was making it here and we have made the mistake of hanging onto lads too long out of worry they might come good here - he might - but he needs to go out and play and that wont happen here. He actually might suit Villa, they play way more on the counter then us so they will be looking at his pace. He might also think Emery is a coach he can learn from.

Tell you what though, whatever you think of Kev, he's getting money in from the academy.
Yeah, people give the academy side stick because it's not producing like 3 wonderkids a season but it's more than done its fair share of the heavy lifting when it comes to the finances. Partly through necessity but Kev has been pretty pragmatic when it comes to cashing in on players who may or may not make it, rather than our usual approach of clinging on until we're sure they won't then getting nothing for them.

Strikes me as a Dyche sort mate, power, engine presence, direct, effort, is an outlet - few rough edges, but nothing we couldn't develop, i would be happy enough with him. Be a good move for the lad as well.

City dont take on bad players.
onl;y thing Dyche hardly plays youngsters. So Ashley Young/Coleman it is till Christmas

Yeah, people give the academy side stick because it's not producing like 3 wonderkids a season but it's more than done its fair share of the heavy lifting when it comes to the finances. Partly through necessity but Kev has been pretty pragmatic when it comes to cashing in on players who may or may not make it, rather than our usual approach of clinging on until we're sure they won't then getting nothing for them.

Think Pennington was here until he was about 26/27 mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back