Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I dont really understand the menteh/dcl thing..
Newcastle overpricing their man with us supposedly overpricing dcl. Surely we both agree to just lower the amount for each player?

Newcastle overpricing their man with us supposedly overpricing dcl. Surely we both agree to just lower the amount for each player?
Perhaps both parties think the valuations are reasonable ( I don't ).and / or they are posturing to prevent later suggestions that the over inflated the prices as a PSR work round?

"To avoid any potential PSR breach". Why would it be a potential breach? We either need to sell or we don't.
My take on that would be we have probably done enough to avoid breach if we win the additional interest case but not enough if we lose that case which would add 20m plus to our figures. Hence “potential” breach.

The safe option would be to generate the extra sale now just in case.

From our POV, we don’t want to be selling a proven PL goal scorer for less than what we’ll be paying for an unproven, teenage winger who’s played in Holland.

Rightly so, too. Minteh looks a talent but that sort of money is far too big of a gamble.

Not if they are receiving interest....or we are receiving interest from elsewhere.

I very much doubt anyone believes dcl injury and scoring record over last few seasons warrants a 40 million valuation.
I think he would be excellent for Arsenal as that off the bench striker, abit like Giroud was.
You also see arsenal's record at set pieces and the quality they put into the box. You add the pressure taken off him of having to lead the line week in week out.

From our POV, we don’t want to be selling a proven PL goal scorer for less than what we’ll be paying for an unproven, teenage winger who’s played in Holland.

Rightly so, too. Minteh looks a talent but that sort of money is far too big of a gamble.
100%

We are paying £19m for Ilman N'Diaye who has just had a tough season at Marseille & not played a PL minute.

Calvert Lewin, last year of contract or not is proven in PL when fit, if he was always fit, i'd be asking for more

I don’t get this me , we’ve had years of circling the drain and a completely scattergun approach to recruitment usually about 2 mins before the window closes or rather ‘slams shut ‘.

This year we’re starting out work early , approaching long term targets and rather than huge names trying for players that seemingly suit the system . Long may that continue to be honest .
Totally agree Harry .We are doing what I've wanted us to do for ages - that is be proactive and trade our way out of the mess.

The only concern that I've got is whether we are PSR compliant by end of the month and replacing DCL as Thelwell's track record on strikers isn't wonderful.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back