Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Patterson's value, you'd imagine, is essentially nothing. Even when fully fit he was 4th choice last season on lots of occasions. Dyche hates him as a player and physically attacked him on a team bonding trip abroad. If we were to sell him, it'd probably be for about £1-2m.

With that in mind, and his relatively young age, I'd strongly prefer to see him stay with us but loaned out for a year to see if he can improve.

Bring in a new starting right back and use Seamus and Youngey as backup.
Agreed..............a lot of people on this forum would have you believe that all you have to do is buy a player at a certain age to make money on them, this is an example of it not going very well.

Loan to try and build any sort of value back would make more sense, also to prove he can play a full season without chipping a nail.
Luton for example could be a decent option, although i wouldn't send my worst enemy to go live in that dive (surely he can commute from somewhere nice)

Patterson's value, you'd imagine, is essentially nothing. Even when fully fit he was 4th choice last season on lots of occasions. Dyche hates him as a player and physically attacked him on a team bonding trip abroad. If we were to sell him, it'd probably be for about £1-2m.

With that in mind, and his relatively young age, I'd strongly prefer to see him stay with us but loaned out for a year to see if he can improve.

Bring in a new starting right back and use Seamus and Youngey as backup.
Not a chance is his value nothing. There are plenty of clubs who would give us a decent fee. he is a full international, has shown he can put in good performances, even if he hasn’t been trusted by Dyche and he is still young with a high ceiling of potential.

Let’s not pretend that clubs wouldn’t take an 8-10m punt on him if we wanted to sell.

If we need another PSR sale pre 30/6 we might have to sell someone we would rather not but much of our detritus is at low book values (estimated using reported fee, contract length and assuming no extra write downs) so they might offer hope:

Maupay £4m
Holgate £0
Keane £3m (could be nil if written off in full over initial contract)
Godfrey £5m
Patterson £6m

These are best estimates but worth keeping in mind as the approximate’break-even’ PSR fees if we shift one or more in the coming days (or weeks).

Latest summary from the athletic here

Peterborough United are engaged in negotiations with an unnamed Premier League club over the transfer of central defender Ronnie Edwards. Edwards, 21, has one year remaining on his contract. Peterborough are hopeful of concluding a deal and won’t stand in the way of the England Under-20 international if their valuation is met by the club in active negotiations or others that have expressed interest (Adam Leventhal)

A year in the upper levels of championship would suit Patterson. See what we have with a year playing. I think there is a player in there. Dyche may not like him but have a feeling Dyches days are numbered if he can give us another season in the prem

Peterborough United are engaged in negotiations with an unnamed Premier League club over the transfer of central defender Ronnie Edwards. Edwards, 21, has one year remaining on his contract. Peterborough are hopeful of concluding a deal and won’t stand in the way of the England Under-20 international if their valuation is met by the club in active negotiations or others that have expressed interest (Adam Leventhal)

This is us and Geordies apparently

Not a chance is his value nothing. There are plenty of clubs who would give us a decent fee. he is a full international, has shown he can put in good performances, even if he hasn’t been trusted by Dyche and he is still young with a high ceiling of potential.

Let’s not pretend that clubs wouldn’t take an 8-10m punt on him if we wanted to sell.
I'm not sure they would it would depend what his wages were like I suppose but 10 mil would be a lot to pay for someone with his record so far. Ryan Porteous is a full international for the same national team and he moved for 450 grand in January so I don't think having Scotland caps is that much of a money spinner.

If we need another PSR sale pre 30/6 we might have to sell someone we would rather not but much of our detritus is at low book values (estimated using reported fee, contract length and assuming no extra write downs) so they might offer hope:

Maupay £4m
Holgate £0
Keane £3m (could be nil if written off in full over initial contract)
Godfrey £5m
Patterson £6m

These are best estimates but worth keeping in mind as the approximate’break-even’ PSR fees if we shift one or more in the coming days (or weeks).
Terrible estimates, mate

Stinks of Bournemouth now their CB is off to Newcastle

The £8-£10m is what we paid for him.
One reason or another he hasn't fulfilled that potential as of yet. No way anyone is giving us our money back

If you think someone would in these PSR days, you are mightily naive my friend

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back