Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I still back Patterson, there’s a player in there. Give him a run of games injury free and he’ll nail a spot down on my view. He’s got an attacking end product that this team sorely needs.
SUNDAY LEAGUE PLAYER HIM LADDD

COULDN"T EVEN GET A GAME FOR ME DA'S UNDER 9'S TEAM

I still back Patterson, there’s a player in there. Give him a run of games injury free and he’ll nail a spot down on my view. He’s got an attacking end product that this team sorely needs.
It's hard to display attacking prowess when the manager doesn't let you go across the halfway line , but I agree i believe he has potential , but his injuries are a concern and until he hones his defensive skills at least in dyche's mind , he won't ever play. I think a loan would benefit him where he could play regularly could help alleviate his injury issues and cultivate his skills further

Well need to have some decision made on him esp if after the lad kobore when we need a better backup lb

Tbh as good as Coleman has been for us and as useful as Young is at covering for injuries neither are suitable for long term stays in the first team.

Patterson Kabore Mykolenko Coleman Young Godfrey isn’t the worst fullback group we’ve ever had.

There’s bigger decisions needed for me on Keane Holgate Godfrey than what happens with Patterson. Is Godfrey staying as a fullback or does he want to stay as cover for CB? I think we need to be getting rid of Holgate and Keane and bringing in another CB and LB,

If we are still in any way close to breaching the limits again, then we should absolutely make a sale.
Yup absolutely. We shouldn’t take any chance especially with the interest stuff still pending.

Assuming the proposed changes to PSR from 25/26 go through any sale made this week will be on the calculation for the lifetime of the current rules anyway. Far better to get in more than we *might* need than take any risks on not getting enough.

The most encouraging thing to me is that it is clear Everton as a club has finally adapted. We are thinking like every club outside of the mega revenue teams has to do. Obviously it remains to be seen how good Thelwell’s wheeler-dealings prove to be but if we can be mid-table this year and head into BMD with new owners and boosted revenue then we can try to aim at least for the Villa/Newcastle competitive level in the coming years.
Turns out having no board really is better than what we had before.

gueye, coleman and young's futures secured for 1 more season - tick
tim - tick
harrison back on loan - tick
ndiaye - almost tick
new owner - almost tick

been quite a successful pre-july window for us so far

if we could have got DCL to sign a new contract it would have been excellent

Young and Coleman’s “ futures “ were about 3 years ago … in footballing terms they should be crossing over the river Styx but we keep handing them contracts and resuscitating them and bringing them back to life

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back