Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

A year in the upper levels of championship would suit Patterson. See what we have with a year playing. I think there is a player in there. Dyche may not like him but have a feeling Dyches days are numbered if he can give us another season in the prem
Send him to Leeds, didn't they get rid of Ayling and need an RB? Also persuade them to take a punt on Holgate whilst we're at it

A year in the upper levels of championship would suit Patterson. See what we have with a year playing. I think there is a player in there. Dyche may not like him but have a feeling Dyches days are numbered if he can give us another season in the prem
Think this myself, i know he's not gone on to fulfil that promise, but Djed Spence had a great season in the Championship on loan at Forest and looked the absolute bees knees. Prompted Spurs to add to there Cache of right backs.

Terrible estimates, mate
Book values! Based on the reported fees and contract lengths from Transfermarkt and Spotrac (averaging fees where different) amortising the fees evenly over the contract length (accept for Keane where I assumed the unamortised portion was spread over the new contract length when he extended his deal). This is as accurate a guesstimate of book value as I can make. It is not market value, nor a guess at what we can sell them for but a fact-based estimate of the carrying value on our balance sheet.

previous games per year :33,36,35,32 -

His overall Everton goals ratio is 67 goals in 248 appearances (transfer market) 1 goal every 3.6 games despite the dross he’s had to work with

He’s worth the money
His Premier League strike rate is 0.25 goals per match.

Of the forwards I can think of around his level, that's worse than Ings (0.32), Antonio (0.26), Wilson (0.4), Wood (0.3), Holdsworth (0.28), Dublin (0.36), Sutton (0.33), Armstrong (0.33), Carew (0.31) and Collymore (0.38). He's above the likes of Bamford (0.24), Quinn (0.24), Zamora (0.19) and Welbeck (0.2), and level with Iversen and Goater.

Other Everton strikers of the era: Johnson (0.27), Beattie (0.27), Campbell (0.26), Ferguson (0.25), Radzinski (0.18), Yakubu (0.38), Saha (0.29), Lukaku (0.44), Rideout (0.26), Cottee (0.35), Richarlison (0.26).

He's a decent target man who's strong in the air and does the basics well, but anyone paying close to £40m for him deserves a points deduction.

gueye, coleman and young's futures secured for 1 more season - tick
tim - tick
harrison back on loan - tick
ndiaye - almost tick
new owner - almost tick

been quite a successful pre-july window for us so far

if we could have got DCL to sign a new contract it would have been excellent
Add Kabore to that and the Nature Boy will be so happy he’ll be “woo’ing” and chopping you and the Bloodline all the way back to Smackdown!

Wooooo!

The most encouraging thing to me is that it is clear Everton as a club has finally adapted. We are thinking like every club outside of the mega revenue teams has to do. Obviously it remains to be seen how good Thelwell’s wheeler-dealings prove to be but if we can be mid-table this year and head into BMD with new owners and boosted revenue then we can try to aim at least for the Villa/Newcastle competitive level in the coming years.

If we can get cash for peripheral players like Patterson and spend it on Wan Basaka that'd be a tremendous bit of business.

We need a RFB into this club this summer.

I still back Patterson, there’s a player in there. Give him a run of games injury free and he’ll nail a spot down on my view. He’s got an attacking end product that this team sorely needs.

I still back Patterson, there’s a player in there. Give him a run of games injury free and he’ll nail a spot down on my view. He’s got an attacking end product that this team sorely needs.
Well need to have some decision made on him esp if after the lad kobore when we need a better backup lb