Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Camara seems to be another who is best as an attacking midfielder rather than a defensive one. I’m not sure he’d be much of a direct replacement for Onana. He’s 5ft 8, doesn’t win many battles and is better going forward.

On the low side of what you wanted then?

Why do you feel the need to constantly come back at posters? He clearly said 45-60. 50 (reported 55 with add ons) plus possible future sell on clauses is clearly in the middle of that.

Some of the bitching on the forum lately is getting ridiculous, with people wanting to argue and prove themselves right over everything, and constant back and forths clogging up the content.

It’s the best forum we’ve got by miles and 99% of the posters are great and can have reasoned conversations. Some are so frustrating though.

Rant over

Lamine Camara is a possible Gana replacement option not an Onana one. Get him in now and let him learn from his Senegalese squad mate for a year. We will know we are well run and financially stable when like Brighton we can see the replacement for the guy we sell/retires in one window is the guy we bought a year earlier. Having to look around for a replacement in a mild panic every time we sell one still shows what we all know, that we have some way to go to get back on an even footing.

Why do you feel the need to constantly come back at posters? He clearly said 45-60. 50 (reported 55 with add ons) plus possible future sell on clauses is clearly in the middle of that.

Some of the bitching on the forum lately is getting ridiculous, with people wanting to argue and prove themselves right over everything, and constant back and forths clogging up the content.

It’s the best forum we’ve got by miles and 99% of the posters are great and can have reasoned conversations. Some are so frustrating though.

Rant over
Totally agree mate . There are a handful of posters who are unnecessarily aggressive, they know who they are .

Say what you want about how mad @Zatara can be at times but he always expresses himself eloquently and in a respectful manner ( well usually unless his frustration at our ignorance of how good Onana really is gets the better of him 😆)

This is a great forum with intelligent, passionate posters . The other day the forum was down for maintenance so I popped over to the Everton Forum for my fix of banal Everton chat. I've always bemoaned the swear filter on here but my God I was struck by the amount of swearing on there , genuinely it made some of the posts unreadable.

So boys and girls keep up the good work and thanks to the admin and mods for all their hard work.

Lamine Camara is a possible Gana replacement option not an Onana one. Get him in now and let him learn from his Senegalese squad mate for a year. We will know we are well run and financially stable when like Brighton we can see the replacement for the guy we sell/retires in one window is the guy we bought a year earlier. Having to look around for a replacement in a mild panic every time we sell one still shows what we all know, that we have some way to go to get back on an even footing.

Isn't he more of an attacking mid?

Isn't he more of an attacking mid?
At the moment but he can and has played deeper. I think he has the energy to be a better Gana. We forget that Gana is not in any way a traditional deep lying, intercepting and ball-distributing DM but rather a press all over the pitch and win the ball guy who just doesn’t do much with it when he has it. I think Camara can evolve to have some of Gana’s high energy pressing attributes whilst also being able to pick a pass. Per Transfermarkt his 31 league starts last year 21 were CM, 4 AM, 6 DM.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.