Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

He's a good player, still only 20 with a high ceiling, but he had a really poor year last season after his move to us broke down. That is understandable, and I genuinely think he's got the potential to be a top talent, but we must be able to find a cheaper talent of a similar level abroad, which would allow us to reinvest money in other areas of the squad.

It frustrates me so much how rarely we are prepared to forgoe experience of playing in England when making signings.

He's a good player, still only 20 with a high ceiling, but he had a really poor year last season after his move to us broke down. That is understandable, and I genuinely think he's got the potential to be a top talent, but we must be able to find a cheaper talent of a similar level abroad, which would allow us to reinvest money in other areas of the squad.

It frustrates me so much how rarely we are prepared to forgoe experience of playing in England when making signings.
Agree hopefully can see us look at another winger abroad definately need two imo. If gnonto is what the club wants then fine just hope the club stick to other transfers this window and dont over spend

….i’m a bit concerned we’re still being linked with Gnonto, very poor whenever I watched him last season.
Yeah hoping this has all come from the one source (I have presumed that Joyce and Bobble gets their information from the same person)….what staggers me is when we register an interest in a person, we seem to have an almost seemingly endless interest in them….it feels at times like we don’t move on to other targets.

Who is the last player we signed directly from South America? Couldn’t think of one after Leandro Rodriguez who was seemingly signed as a favor or something weird.

More low risk high reward signings would be welcomed.

Agree hopefully can see us look at another winger abroad definately need two imo. If gnonto is what the club wants then fine just hope the club stick to other transfers this window and dont over spend
Thing is though that Dyche doesn't use subs at all, so can't see us getting another winger on top of this unless they buy a kid for development - like we did with Chermiti for the CF position.

the ideal of Gnonto is somehow underwhelming now, though he’ll be better than the wingers we have. Leeds will want a big fee now that we’ve sold Onana. If we can get that Napoli lad on loan with an option then I guess it makes it a better prospect overall in terms of injecting pace into the team and giving a different dimension on both sides. Gnonto only is…ok

I think he's one of those players that's going to explode at some stage. Still only 20.
I think people underestimate how much he’s got under his belt at 20. A season in the PL, a season in the Championship, 13 caps for Italy. Like any youngster some of that experience will be good and some will have been poor but it’s all good experience either way.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back