Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Every single time I’ve watched Broja he’s seemed to lack the same…intent that Dom has off the ball. It’s an intangible that’s so important and is visible lacking. He got dropped for Albania in the Euros after a game and looked awful. Just weak, physically and mentally. You know those big bodied lads who don’t seem to know how big they are and don’t put themselves about? But aren’t small enough to play cute like the other players. It comes off as cumbersome and lumbering.

I saw that they initially liked Broja as his advanced stats were very similar to Richarlison. But those stats ignored the intangibles that made Richy a talisman. Broja lacks aggression. His lack of aggression undermines what should be his strengths. Richarlison was so aggressive in everything he did, it’s almost like he played above his stats the small things he did as well as were never captured in the numbers.

And yes, I’ve watched enough of Broja to come to that conclusion personally.
All valid points.

For me Broja would be a waste of money (Chelsea wont let him go on the cheap). It's not that he hasn't got potential, but as you say, he's never been prolific and has had plenty of injuries. At least with Dom you'd expect double figures, although he didn't achieve that last season. We may be better getting a few younger players to develop rather than spending big on one player like Broja. Hopefully we can spread the goals round and have a bunch on 5+ goals this season if our CF fails to fire... again!
I suppose the fee could be the deal breaker.
It certainly would be too big a risk to spend a large transfer fee on him but then last season we spent about 25m on Beto who hasn't been a resounding success.

Unfortunately if you want a striker that is more than likely to be a success it is probably going to cost more than we can afford.

Attachments

• IMG_1461.webp
    IMG_1461.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 4

I suppose the fee could be the deal breaker.
It certainly would be too big a risk to spend a large transfer fee on him but then last season we spent about 25m on Beto who hasn't been a resounding success.

Unfortunately if you want a striker that is more than likely to be a success it is probably going to cost more than we can afford.
Or competent scouting.
A player of unproven ability should not be costing anything around the figure Broja would allegedly command.
But perhaps the wage is the more significant deal breaker here?

Every single time I’ve watched Broja he’s seemed to lack the same…intent that Dom has off the ball. It’s an intangible that’s so important and is visible lacking. He got dropped for Albania in the Euros after a game and looked awful. Just weak, physically and mentally. You know those big bodied lads who don’t seem to know how big they are and don’t put themselves about? But aren’t small enough to play cute like the other players. It comes off as cumbersome and lumbering.

I saw that they initially liked Broja as his advanced stats were very similar to Richarlison. But those stats ignored the intangibles that made Richy a talisman. Broja lacks aggression. His lack of aggression undermines what should be his strengths. Richarlison was so aggressive in everything he did, it’s almost like he played above his stats the small things he did as well as were never captured in the numbers.

And yes, I’ve watched enough of Broja to come to that conclusion personally.
Fully endorse this assessment.
Hope we can find a better option if we have to replace DCL.

Come on , if we are all going to play the guessing game we need a bit more mate.

Let's start with position , hair colour , whether they've got a dog and favourite food.

Without that info we haven't got a chance 😂

Think it'll be the young swiss CB from Montpelier mate or Bove at Roma (similar deal to the Lindstrom one) Both very much fits the profile of player we are targeting. Very early links with both and nothing since then.

Four players in already and probably another three or four to come. I don't think any of us expected this level of activity with still over a month left in the window.

If media reports are correct our focus now shifts to Gnonto as a wide player, a centre back (O Brien possibly), a right back and a centre midfielder.

If DCL leaves then he also will need to be replaced.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back