Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

As I said on here - I wouldn't have wanted him that January on loan. He hadn't played football for years.

Needs a good pre-season and confidence and and a team that suits his style.

If it's not done soon or it's not on a loan with low wages id swerve.

But we have Gana who now has a contract. Garner. And the lad we signed as a financial workaround.

He's having a poor pre-season again and by the time we would get him in (if we did) he'd barely have any pre-season, if any at all.

As I said on here - I wouldn't have wanted him that January on loan. He hadn't played football for years.

Needs a good pre-season and confidence. And a team that suits his style.

But we have Gana who now has a contract. Garner. And the lad we signed as a financial workaround.

There are other players out there to sign though. It's not Phillips or no one.

I think Phillips is the type of player we should move on from, we already have one like him in Dele, surely we can't have two genuinely struggling in their personal life type of players at the club?

Needs a good pre-season and confidence. And a team that suits his style.

Creative AccounTim

I just think he dosent fit the profile of player we need to bring in. Wrong end of his career, performing badly last season, on a huge wage. He's a Moshiri signing for 4/5 years ago, not what we should be going after.
He's nowhere near the quality of this guy....but, stop leading recruitment drives on 'profile of player'

1722246156281.webp

Sure, but we have experience in abundance already in the squad. I feel like an older player should only be targeted if they are as much of a sure thing as possible and Phillips is anything but.

That was four seasons ago. Sure, he could end up surprising everyone and perform again but for four seasons in a row he's been utterly trash. I'm sorry but I really don't want us taking that risk.
He's 28....not 38

My concern with Philips would be injuries.

He was prone to them at Leeds and hasn't played a lot of football, talented player full tilt and at that improves us, depending on the risk profile of the deal and how we could mitigate that its one id be interested in.

Emery's no mug and reportedly Villa hold an interest - if that interest is real id imagine he wouldn't come here anyway.

Not everyone retires in their late 30s, some retire in their early 30s. The way Phillips is going, he will be one that retires early rather than later, and he's not on a decline, he's plummeted.
Anything would be a loan though wouldn't it?
Is he going to retire during the season?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back