Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The difference is Phillips hasnt kicked a ball in almost 3 seasons and his not far off 30's

I think he is a good player when i last seen him player regular, but that was a long time ago.
Weve only recently offloaded Mina Gomes Gbamin and Delph after years of crying about having players in the squad who consume a huge wage and offer nothing.
For this is exactly one of them signings.

Huge risk with little reward, even if he was fit it would take him a month or two to get match fit and upto speed again, we dont have that luxury of carrying passengers through games.

Lindstrom is 24 though.

I'm not against loaning Phillips at a reasonable price - and a loan is a limited risk / gamble.

Would you go a for a cheaper-thanPhillips CM loan if it meant wage room for a winger for example ?

I guess they are the sort of decisions Thelwell is making.

All of this shouldn't lose sight of the main * though.

We're skint and need bodies.

I don't personally think Dyche has improved anyone here tbh? So i dont think he will perform wonders with Phillips.

I do think Phillips is massively out of his depth at City though, he doesn't suit their style of play and he isn't good enough to break into the team so he's hardly playing. I think this is to blame for his poor spell at West Ham. If he comes here he will play a different style of football, similar to how he played at Leeds.

It could work on loan.

He didn’t improve Branthwaite? Tarkowski not playing better under Dyche than he was under Lampard? What about Mykolenko, was he better under Lampard or Dyche? Is Doucoure playing his best football under Lampard or Dyche? How about Garner?

How did we go from a team that’s battled relegation two seasons in a row to one that would have posted 48 points if none of the players improved?

He didn’t improve Branthwaite? Tarkowski not playing better under Dyche than he was under Lampard? What about Mykolenko, was he better under Lampard or Dyche? Is Doucoure playing his best football under Lampard or Dyche? How about Garner?

How did we go from a team that’s battled relegation two seasons in a row to one that would have posted 48 points if none of the players improved?

Magic beans. Or something.

links to Yuri Alberto again, I think we were linked with him when Rciharlison left. The 23 year old scored 20 in all competitions last season

https://www.[Publication is blackli...r-as-brand-new-striker-transfer-now-on-cards/

6 months is a long time in football.

Part of the problem really - and why fans shouldn't really be listened to when it comes to big decisions. All short term and emotive.

Funny i was thinking of Coady this morning, there was prob the vast majority of us who wanted him to stay on a permanent deal for 5 million and that we couldn't rely on Branthwaite.

Case in point.

Tarkowski has been consistent since he joined, same goes for Doucoure, he had great spells under Ancelotti and even good spells under Benitez.

Branthwaite, who knows if thats down to Dyche or not.

To touch on you last point, Dyche has made us hard to beat as a unit (bar the 4 months we didnt win a game) but i dont think he has massively brought individual players on. Mykolenko yes but he had talent anyway and just took time to adapt to the league.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back