Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, it's relative, which is why I say "pound for pound".

Niasse, at the time, was our 2nd most expensive ever signing

Don't get me wrong, he isn't out on his own - Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Nyarko, Bilic, Klaassen, Schneiderlin, Tosun etc

You could make arguments for all of them, but on the balance of what I saw on the pitch Niasse takes it for me

The original argument was about Doucore vs Niasse - in the opening half a dozen games of last season Doucoure looked worth every penny we paid for him. Niasse, despite shinning a few in, never ever looked like an actual footballer to me
Bilic is a great shout, never have I been more disappointed in a signing. He had everything to be a great but just got sent off and injured all the time.

I have no real issues with Doucoure, he is a bit of a role player, probably does better with better players around him.

Pound for pound for me is what you are getting compared to what you paid, as mentioned he actually did a couple of things for us so he cant be the worst ever. Davy Klaassen cost 20m and kicked the ball about 5 times which is about 4 times more than Gbamin has. Based on actual ability yes that would be fair.

We should just get Winks in then.

I hate crap Everton. I loved guys in the past but right now we're crap, even the guys everyone wants to go crazy for are pretty average. It just kind of sucks at the minute.
That's fair I suppose and you're not alone in your frustration.

I'm just not sure how wallowing in the misery here helps. This can't be good for your blood pressure or general psyche.

Enjoy life a bit - it's shorter than most of us expect.

Where have I heard ‘judge us when the window closes’ before.

That’s Blue Bill talking that.

Notice Moshiri says the for sale sign isn’t up ‘currently’.

On the face of it, a positive communication piece from Moshiri on the whole. Read in between the lines though and there is definitely cause for concern.

Finance still not secured for the stadium.
Looking for minority investment… as if!

Where have I heard ‘judge us when the window closes’ before.

That’s Blue Bill talking that.

Notice Moshiri says the for sale sign isn’t up ‘currently’.

On the face of it, a positive communication piece from Moshiri on the whole. Read in between the lines though and there is definitely cause for concern.

Finance still not secured for the stadium.
Looking for minority investment… as if!
If the work slows down on that stadium build there'll be a lot of disappointed and worried people.

That's fair I suppose and you're not alone in your frustration.

I'm just not sure how wallowing in the misery here helps. This can't be good for your blood pressure or general psyche.

Enjoy life a bit - it's shorter than most of us expect.
I'm not wallowing in anything. I'm here to talk about Everton and football, I can enjoy that even when we suck. I don't have to lie to myself and say we don't to enjoy that part of it.

Honestly despite being a passionate fan of a few teams I can kind of turn it off when it gets infuriating. I can get back into it quickly too (Let's Go O's) but the back half of last season the losses stopped really bothering me. It just happened, stung a bit and I went on with the day. When we're good again it'll hurt worse like it did when we lost it Kiev or that semi to United. Those hurt and those I wallowed in a bit.

Sorry Igs, I do my best to see your POV against popular opinion here and you don't get a fair crack most of the time, but this is the most nonsense you've ever posted.

Doucoure has been far more miss than hit, but Niasse was, for my money, the single worst buy in the history of the football club as far as pound for pound value goes.
There's a valid argument for almost every player since 2016.

We should just get Winks in then.

I hate crap Everton. I loved guys in the past but right now we're crap, even the guys everyone wants to go crazy for are pretty average. It just kind of sucks at the minute.
So let me just see if I've understood you here.

You think Oumar Niasse was a more effective striker for us than Abdoulaye Doucoure has been as a midfielder.

You think Harry Winks is a better midfielder than Doucoure.

I presume you understand why people find you utterly hilarious?

I think we’re definitely awaiting other clubs to do business before we can do ours. Zinchenko (wherever he goes) is dependent on the Brighton lad moving to city.. if City sell first they’ll be forced to overpay (even by their standards). Likewise I see potential buys/loans from Utd. If they get Frenkie de Jong and Ericsson then maybe DvB or McTominay come our way. We’re definitely in the feeder lanes at present.

Judge us when the window closed and we've got off to a poor start
Yeah that’s what’s so frustrating about that part. He’s not wrong to say it necessarily, but we need multiple midfielders and another goal scorer in yesterday. Not by the end of August when we’ll have already played three games.

I suppose I’d rather we waited for the right people than hurry to get the wrong players in, but with this club it hasn’t always been one or the other, and I worry with our financial constraints.

I think we’re definitely awaiting other clubs to do business before we can do ours. Zinchenko (wherever he goes) is dependent on the Brighton lad moving to city.. if City sell first they’ll be forced to overpay (even by their standards). Likewise I see potential buys/loans from Utd. If they get Frenkie de Jong and Ericsson then maybe DvB or McTominay come our way. We’re definitely in the feeder lanes at present.
Yep. Plus waiting for Tuchel to decide what to do with all of their players. And I’m convinced we’re just waiting until Spurs agree to loan us Winks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back