Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me just see if I've understood you here.

You think Oumar Niasse was a more effective striker for us than Abdoulaye Doucoure has been as a midfielder.

You think Harry Winks is a better midfielder than Doucoure.

I presume you understand why people find you utterly hilarious?
I understand that people think Doucoure isn't the worst player they've ever seen and that I do so some people will find that ridiculous for me to say and I don't care. He's the worst Everton player I've ever seen that was actually supposed to be something for us like I said earlier. So no he wasn't as bad as Martina or Alcaraz but we didn't sign them to do anything so who really cares?

I just think he's really really awful, he's awful in the same way Sigurdsson was awful in that his effect is worse than just being bad at his position because what you can reasonably do in a system gets wrecked by having a black hole dumped into it for periods of play. And those players will sometimes do ok and you think that they aren't that awful but it ignores how limited you are from the start by their awfulness. That's why I'd probably put Sigurdsson right there with Doucoure despite the 14 goals or whatever. Gomes is in there too.

I understand that people think Doucoure isn't the worst player they've ever seen and that I do so some people will find that ridiculous for me to say and I don't care. He's the worst Everton player I've ever seen that was actually supposed to be something for us like I said earlier. So no he wasn't as bad as Martina or Alcaraz but we didn't sign them to do anything so who really cares?

I just think he's really really awful, he's awful in the same way Sigurdsson was awful in that his effect is worse than just being bad at his position because what you can reasonably do in a system gets wrecked by having a black hole dumped into it for periods of play. And those players will sometimes do ok and you think that they aren't that awful but it ignores how limited you are from the start by their awfulness. That's why I'd probably put Sigurdsson right there with Doucoure despite the 14 goals or whatever. Gomes is in there too.
You're quite the contrarian Ig.... I'll give you that.

Who was the last Everton player you genuinely enjoyed watching?
Last one I didn't sour on? James.

Richarlison was great for awhile. Then Carlo left, he got into his fourth season with the same exact issues he had when he started with us and simultaneously Evertonians started this "he'll replace Mbappe/Neymar or Carlo will come back for him" that suggested he was world class and I got tired of it and him by association.

Also it wasn't Richarlison's fault alone but we played dire stuff while he was here and there weren't crowds for a lot which did get tiring and made it less enjoyable. James being hurt kept him away from that, at least in my mind.

I like Gordon and hope he's next, DCL could get back there too.

Sigurdsson was a good player

People around him weren’t the same level

Is that why you're so jaded? Don't let your heartbreak prevent you from forging new relationships
Heartbreak lol, I'm not falling for players who don't deserve it.

Honestly I don't think I've ever been truly torn up about a transfer out. I can always see the opportunity in it.

It's weird though, "Everton aren't a good team right now" isn't a controversial take even on here, but when you lay out why an individual player isn't good everyone goes a bit mad.
Yeah fair point but I think there is levels at the minute... In my extremely humble opinion Dukes is liable for stinker but don't think he's anywhere near what you're suggesting . Just my opinion.

It's weird though, "Everton aren't a good team right now" isn't a controversial take even on here, but when you lay out why an individual player isn't good everyone goes a bit mad.
I think its the percieved hyperbole even with our current squad he's not the worst but your previous comment about creating an imbalance makes sense. it's just when you go on your tangents about him without context that raises questions about your judgements regarding football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back