Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last one I didn't sour on? James.

Richarlison was great for awhile. Then Carlo left, he got into his fourth season with the same exact issues he had when he started with us and simultaneously Evertonians started this "he'll replace Mbappe/Neymar or Carlo will come back for him" that suggested he was world class and I got tired of it and him by association.

Also it wasn't Richarlison's fault alone but we played dire stuff while he was here and there weren't crowds for a lot which did get tiring and made it less enjoyable. James being hurt kept him away from that, at least in my mind.

I like Gordon and hope he's next, DCL could get back there too.

Sour on ? From Lord of the Rings ?

James was box office.

I think its the percieved hyperbole even with our current squad he's not the worst but your previous comment about creating an imbalance makes sense. it's just when you go on your tangents about him without context that raises questions about your judgements regarding football
@TheBigIguana this is a very good post..you are knowledgeable but express it in the most bizarre ways.

This window is even more depressing and boring than last year's at least we had two players in relatively early last year. We finished 16th yes we got Tarks but selling Richy and nothing since is just despairing.

This window is even more depressing and boring than last year's at least we had two players in relatively early last year. We finished 16th yes we got Tarks but selling Richy and nothing since is just despairing.
It's not even bedwetting anymore because following Everton you know you're just going lie in piss all day like the family from willie Wonka and the chocolate factory. It's just an unpleasant experience waiting for something you know isn't likely to happen

I think its the percieved hyperbole even with our current squad he's not the worst but your previous comment about creating an imbalance makes sense. it's just when you go on your tangents about him without context that raises questions about your judgements regarding football
The context is that when you have a player smack in the middle of the team who can't pass and who can't position himself correctly you are constantly playing with a hole. And even if that player scores sometimes or has the odd game where he gets a lot of tackles in that hole is still a problem every time out and you've got to work around it. You're inherently limited.

The context is that when you have a player smack in the middle of the team who can't pass and who can't position himself correctly you are constantly playing with a hole. And even if that player scores sometimes or has the odd game where he gets a lot of tackles in that hole is still a problem every time out and you've got to work around it. You're inherently limited.
See that's coherent and logical so much better than hes the worst ever

Its less than ideal, even more so coming off last season.

But, my Everton glass remains half full, I know, lunatic mate.

Any players we sign between now and September, we are signing them for ideally a few years, not the month of August, we simply have to trust in Lampard and Mr Thelwall. What will be, will be.

Its less than ideal, even more so coming off last season.

But, my Everton glass remains half full, I know, lunatic mate.

Any players we sign between now and September, we are signing them for ideally a few years, not the month of August, we simply have to trust in Lampard and Mr Thelwall. What will be, will be.
But the ignoramuses are still here to muck things up

See that's coherent and logical so much better than hes the worst ever
Well it is what in my view makes him the worst. As I said Sigurdsson is there too but I have him above because the goals that made him sometimes useful came more often. And also playing slightly further forward meant he was slightly less of an issue when he was getting bypassed like a ghost.

But the ignoramuses are still here to muck things up
Despite enormous oil claiming Doucs is the worst player to wear football boots, the players, at times last season did manage to pick up some good results.

We do not have as bad as squad as most will have you believe.

We currently have an almost fit squad, we have Englands number 9 and Englands number 1, WHATS OUR NAME?

Did the biz at Swansea in a worse team?

Took his foot off the gas at us, didn't really care.

Pound for pound the worse signing in our recent history.....in myyyy extremeeeely humble opinion.

Him and Keane are the poster boys for the most horrid period since Kendall 97 for me.
I was clamoring for us to sign him for years. then your right he was just a dud whether there was an increased level of pressure or just a poor composition of players that didn't suit his profile he just underwhelmed

Despite enormous oil claiming Doucs is the worst player to wear football boots, the players, at times last season did manage to pick up some good results.

We do not have as bad as squad as most will have you believe.

We currently have an almost fit squad, we have Englands number 9 and Englands number 1, WHATS OUR NAME?
I think we're deficient in key elements though we lack creativity, someone to control the midfield and even solidify the back line. We don't have a proper set piece taker or someone to bang in crosses for England's number nine. it feels pretty dire without some key additions. Our starting lineup was decent under Carlo then the generalissimo booted all the creativity away but the midfield has been shambolic for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back