Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we knew that though from the Richarlison deal mate.

Long as Thelwell is basically giving him the player and the min-max valuation then hopefully it minimizes Bills role somewhat.

Side note - lot of media stuff being ran on Gallacher at Chelsea the past few days, club put a 4 min training vid of him up, now all the main media have gotten an interview about him being in the ore season plans and that he's been told to prove himself.

If he does well in pre season can see him staying there now - possibly the one they 'keep' as he's the highest profile - whilst they sell off a good few other ones, smart as it probably mitigates the fan anger at losing Broja, Cowill and a fair few others.

Interesting how it does pan out though, if Chelsea do go and buy a couple of midfielders and if that'll change his mind though.

If we quickly wrap up a MGW deal now I suspect it's because we've realized the chances of Gallacher have greatly reduced.

They play VERY different positions.

Long as Thelwell is basically giving him the player and the min-max valuation then hopefully it minimizes Bills role somewhat.

Side note - lot of media stuff being ran on Gallacher at Chelsea the past few days, club put a 4 min training vid of him up, now all the main media have gotten an interview about him being in the ore season plans and that he's been told to prove himself.

If he does well in pre season can see him staying there now - possibly the one they 'keep' as he's the highest profile - whilst they sell off a good few other ones, smart as it probably mitigates the fan anger at losing Broja, Cowill and a fair few others.

Interesting how it does pan out though, if Chelsea do go and buy a couple of midfielders and if that'll change his mind though.

If we quickly wrap up a MGW deal now I suspect it's because we've realized the chances of Gallacher have greatly reduced.
Never been huge on the idea of Gallagher!
He shows excellent energy and is decent but i do prefer the idea of someone mpre confident on the ball.

Colwill i am pretty sure we wont be showing any interest in either. We currently have 5 centre halves with none of them showing any interest from other clubs. Throw in already having a centre back the same age as him in Branthwaite at the club and Reece Welch spending alot of time with the first team, i dont think we have the finds availible for someone who wont be going straight into the team or someone we need to be patient with.

Broja appears to have his heart set on West Ham but he seems the most likely option from Chelsea, if West Ham get the Italian guy.

Ethan Ampadu would be my choice if we are asking Chelsea for all there players, would fit in that '6' position perfectly, and the fans would love his aggression.

Also think a loan move for Brandon Williams at United could be a good option. We have no back up left back (Nkounkou untried) & Coleman coming back from injury. Having a full back who can play both sides could come in handy!

I think if we could get Gibbs White over the line sooner rather than later, it could be evidence to these other potential targets we are trying to build a young progressive team and become a more exciting option.

…yep. I’d hope Kenwright sees his role as ’The Persuader’ and not so much ‘The Negotiator’. The one who contacts his counterparts to determine if a deal can be done (within a cost range as you suggest), then does his ‘luvvie’ talk with the player, telling them he’s joining the best club in the world.

….ha, ha, certainly not, but there’s an opening for you if you fancy it, Jaz.
I'm of the generation where I can't even do the cutting let alone the pasting!

That said there is so little Everton activity that it wouldn't take much of my time.

Met up with a few mates at the Lancashire cricket game in Southport in the week and I can't recall a time when we've been so universally apathetic about Everton prior to a season.

Never been huge on the idea of Gallagher!
He shows excellent energy and is decent but i do prefer the idea of someone mpre confident on the ball.

Colwill i am pretty sure we wont be showing any interest in either. We currently have 5 centre halves with none of them showing any interest from other clubs. Throw in already having a centre back the same age as him in Branthwaite at the club and Reece Welch spending alot of time with the first team, i dont think we have the finds availible for someone who wont be going straight into the team or someone we need to be patient with.

Broja appears to have his heart set on West Ham but he seems the most likely option from Chelsea, if West Ham get the Italian guy.

Ethan Ampadu would be my choice if we are asking Chelsea for all there players, would fit in that '6' position perfectly, and the fans would love his aggression.

Also think a loan move for Brandon Williams at United could be a good option. We have no back up left back (Nkounkou untried) & Coleman coming back from injury. Having a full back who can play both sides could come in handy!

I think if we could get Gibbs White over the line sooner rather than later, it could be evidence to these other potential targets we are trying to build a young progressive team and become a more exciting option.
Gallacher for me is very very like Lampard was at the same age, question would be is does he have the improvement in him which Lampard did as well - a 22 yo Lampard was way inferior to the one at 26+ as he added so much intelligence to his game

For me I really rate Gallacher hugely, think handled right he could go on to be very much a Lampard version 2, he has that ability to see space you don't get with many and can't teach, natural finisher and personality wise seems to have everything you want to see in terms of making the most out of what he's got.

I agree about Cowill, looks talented, but cb right now post Tarkowski I feel is fine, good loan sorted for Braithwaite which hopefully sees him develop to be a part next season of the team, Godfrey I think post COVID/injury will improve a lot especially having good coaching staff and Tarkowski here to learn from, so don't see the point of adding a 19yo who may not be ready yet.

Broja - dunno if he'd come here to be a backup to DCL tbh and certainly we can't spend 30m on a backup.

Ampadu is weird as he's not nailed down a position yet, DM seems his natural one but think last year on loan he pretty much played it as a cb.

Then you have Gilmour, plus the young AM we where linked with the other day - who I'd never heard of tbh and who knows who else is there under the radar at Chelsea as honestly never heard of any of the players above two seasons ago either - same with James and Mount a few years before that as well really.

Gallacher for me is very very like Lampard was at the same age, question would be is does he have the improvement in him which Lampard did as well - a 22 yo Lampard was way inferior to the one at 26+ as he added so much intelligence to his game

For me I really rate Gallacher hugely, think handled right he could go on to be very much a Lampard version 2, he has that ability to see space you don't get with many and can't teach, natural finisher and personality wise seems to have everything you want to see in terms of making the most out of what he's got.

I agree about Cowill, looks talented, but cb right now post Tarkowski I feel is fine, good loan sorted for Braithwaite which hopefully sees him develop to be a part next season of the team, Godfrey I think post COVID/injury will improve a lot especially having good coaching staff and Tarkowski here to learn from, so don't see the point of adding a 19yo who may not be ready yet.

Broja - dunno if he'd come here to be a backup to DCL tbh and certainly we can't spend 30m on a backup.

Ampadu is weird as he's not nailed down a position yet, DM seems his natural one but think last year on loan he pretty much played it as a cb.

Then you have Gilmour, plus the young AM we where linked with the other day - who I'd never heard of tbh and who knows who else is there under the radar at Chelsea as honestly never heard of any of the players above two seasons ago either - same with James and Mount a few years before that as well really.
Mount & James tore up every loan they were on at the time.
Anjorin (the lad we were linked with) has stalled on his loans, but that dosent male them poor players....just look at Gordon!
Not sure if its a genuine link though, i think people are slightly over egging the Chelsea connection too.
Also, any permanant signing from Chelsea will be after the start of the season, it would be neglagent of chelsea not to have an eye on that. Loans could come earlier though as they wont be eligible to play there parent team

Mount & James tore up every loan they were on at the time.
Anjorin (the lad we were linked with) has stalled on his loans, but that dosent male them poor players....just look at Gordon!
Not sure if its a genuine link though, i think people are slightly over egging the Chelsea connection too.
Also, any permanant signing from Chelsea will be after the start of the season, it would be neglagent of chelsea not to have an eye on that. Loans could come earlier though as they wont be eligible to play there parent team
The new owners of Chelsea know nothing of Lampard and their choice of clubs to loan young players to will no doubt be based on what they see as beneficial to the players development and a potential relegation scrap may or may not fit their criteria.

@Noisy noise annoys....listen no matter how much you disagree with someone's opinion.... Ultimately its their opinion. Me and you have butted heads in the past but come through the other side.

Don't get me wrong I think @TheBigIguana chats absolute garbage half the time but at least he sticks to his guns..he might think the same about us but I appreciate the people on here who get heavy fire but don't bow to the mob....
That’s fair enough. His opinion that docoure and Pickford are the worst players in the league is worthy of “heavy fire” I’d suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back