Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top target to replace Richarlison is Broja, Dennis appears to be second choice. MGW is our priority, as per O’Keefe.

Doubt we’ll end up with Broja due to competition from others like West Ham. Chelsea probably won’t let Gallagher go either but we’re very keen. I think we’ll end up with MGW, Dennis, and Winks on loan with an option to buy.

Mount & James tore up every loan they were on at the time.
Anjorin (the lad we were linked with) has stalled on his loans, but that dosent male them poor players....just look at Gordon!
Not sure if its a genuine link though, i think people are slightly over egging the Chelsea connection too.
Also, any permanant signing from Chelsea will be after the start of the season, it would be neglagent of chelsea not to have an eye on that. Loans could come earlier though as they wont be eligible to play there parent team
Tend to agree about over egging the Chelsea links. Most of the senior people Frank knew have moved on.

May get some benefit from the players themselves who have worked with him but we're not going to get a load of freebies.

The new owners of Chelsea know nothing of Lampard and their choice of clubs to loan young players to will no doubt be based on what they see as beneficial to the players development and a potential relegation scrap may or may not fit their criteria.

The coaching setup throughout the academy at Chelsea though who have a large say in player pathways will be very close to Lampard though mate - fir the players themselves the ones who are Chelsea home products then Lampard will be a huge draw for them, and for the the Chelsea supporters a young lad moving to a team managed by Lampard will sit well with them given who he is and what he did for Mount and James at Derby

The coaching setup throughout the academy at Chelsea though who have a large say in player pathways will be very close to Lampard though mate - fir the players themselves the ones who are Chelsea home products then Lampard will be a huge draw for them, and for the the Chelsea supporters a young lad moving to a team managed by Lampard will sit well with them given who he is and what he did for Mount and James at Derby
On face value that would appear logical,until they look at what a mess of a club we are.

Never been huge on the idea of Gallagher!
He shows excellent energy and is decent but i do prefer the idea of someone mpre confident on the ball.

Colwill i am pretty sure we wont be showing any interest in either. We currently have 5 centre halves with none of them showing any interest from other clubs. Throw in already having a centre back the same age as him in Branthwaite at the club and Reece Welch spending alot of time with the first team, i dont think we have the finds availible for someone who wont be going straight into the team or someone we need to be patient with.

Broja appears to have his heart set on West Ham but he seems the most likely option from Chelsea, if West Ham get the Italian guy.

Ethan Ampadu would be my choice if we are asking Chelsea for all there players, would fit in that '6' position perfectly, and the fans would love his aggression.

Also think a loan move for Brandon Williams at United could be a good option. We have no back up left back (Nkounkou untried) & Coleman coming back from injury. Having a full back who can play both sides could come in handy!

I think if we could get Gibbs White over the line sooner rather than later, it could be evidence to these other potential targets we are trying to build a young progressive team and become a more exciting option.
Williams is proper ? . He had a couple of promising games and got rewarded with a silly contract. He is probably paid 4 x more than he should be hence why United can’t offload him. Norwich is probably about his level.

I have only seen a few games of Ampadu but based on that and how his career has gone to date I would be shocked if he is good enough for us.

MGW on the other hand I have followed quite closely since his early impressive cameo appearances for Wolves. I actually think he might become a better player than Gallagher.

Re striker we won’t get Broja. West Ham makes a lot of sense for him. I really don’t want Dennis either. I would rather we keep our powder dry for next summer if there is not a better option. There must be someone we can get on loan or for a small fee for the bench who is an upgrade on Rondon

Williams is proper ? . He had a couple of promising games and got rewarded with a silly contract. He is probably paid 4 x more than he should be hence why United can’t offload him. Norwich is probably about his level.

I have only seen a few games of Ampadu but based on that and how his career has gone to date I would be shocked if he is good enough for us.

MGW on the other hand I have followed quite closely since his early impressive cameo appearances for Wolves. I actually think he might become a better player than Gallagher.

Re striker we won’t get Broja. West Ham makes a lot of sense for him. I really don’t want Dennis either. I would rather we keep our powder dry for next summer if there is not a better option. There must be someone we can get on loan or for a small fee for the bench who is an upgrade on Rondon
And rely on DCL staying fit all season?

Top target to replace Richarlison is Broja, Dennis appears to be second choice. MGW is our priority, as per O’Keefe.

Doubt we’ll end up with Broja due to competition from others like West Ham. Chelsea probably won’t let Gallagher go either but we’re very keen. I think we’ll end up with MGW, Dennis, and Winks on loan with an option to buy.

Think Broja will leave. Gallagher is staying at Chelsea...been on the media blitz hasn't he.

Neither will be playing for us.

MGW, Dennis, and Winks is a good window IMO. Still need a proper DM unless Lamps is looking to bring in Price, Onyango, etc

I can't be bothered going back to the summer we signed a dozen no. 10s and then ended up with Sam Allardyce as manager but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you were very positive about our prospects that year too.
About the number of signings? Yes, every year
Wrong one of twelve, good form that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back