Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its desperate, but at least he can run.

Our squad is poor in loads of areas mate. I dont think that's any revelation.

Would you have Davies, or Allan or Gomes in the 6 ahead of Godfrey?
I've never seen Godfrey play in midfield, but judging by his attributes, I don't see him doing any better than the other three.

Also, if the plan is to continue with three centre-backs, having a fourth in midfield would make it impossible to play on the front foot.

Woods in particular at Burnley was there out all he far more often than not was on his own. DCL usually had Richardson joining him further forward.

I wouldn’t reference the 1-0 against us as proof of a system yes in that instance it worked but FLs natural instinct is not playing in that way.

Richarlison got close to him, but he was deployed as a loan striker.

How we played against Chelsea was the tactics for most of Lampards time here mate.

I've never seen Godfrey play in midfield, but judging by his attributes, I don't see him doing any better than the other three.

Also, if the plan is to continue with three centre-backs, having a fourth in midfield would make it impossible to play on the front foot.

I'd say he has far better mobility than all of them.

Would be amazing to have a spine right through the team at some point of academy players. I genuinely think it’s the only way we can get back to the top, but it of course depends on them being good enough. Dobbin Simms Warrington Welch Mills Onyango Pryce, they all won’t make it but even if two or three could become first team players it would be a massive boost to the club.

Simms and Dobbin should get chances at least instead of Rondon off the bench, that feels fairly obvious for first few games at least and then decide on August 31st if they should stay or get loaned out.

I wouldn't be quite sure of chucking in half the youth team though...reminds me of that lad Unsworth suddenly chucked into central midfield for a few games. He did alright but barely played after and now in SPL.

Nkounkou should also get a chance at least in league cup if he counts still as young player.

The ability to use 5 subs does change the dynamic slightly though. Sometimes it's clear from the outset that a young player is only on the bench either for experience or just to make up the numbers, because there are other players who play the same position that would always be brought on before them. The ability to use 2 extra subs does increase the likelihood of those players getting minutes because there's more scope to make changes.

I agree with this and I hope it happens

How about a bid for Tielemans from Leicester? Entering the year of his contract and seemingly unwilling to sign a new one.

Arsenal were rumoured to be interested but they've since strengthened in his position, and nobody else appears to be linked with him.

Went off the boil last season did Tielemans, as did Leicester in general to be fair, but he's proven himself as a quality player prior to that.

Change of scenery needed?

They're unlikely to be able to demand £30m for him with just a year left, and it's a position we're absolutely desperate in.

Now whether he thinks he can do better than Everton is up for debate, but I think he could be an astute sticking signing for around £15m.

Good player

Probably too good for 2022 Everton

Roy Hodgson got more wins than Viera in his final season.

Palace have quite a good defensive structure in fairness, Joachim Andersen was excellent in his loan spell at Fulham and would've been a good pick up, him and Guehi done well together and Mitchell at left back got England caps. Then in final third you have Eze, Zaha and Olise who'll cause issues when they're all fit. I agree though Gallagher will be a big miss as their other CM options are pretty old and static.

Palace probably be 12th-14th due to lack of goals but would be hugely surprised if they're in relegation scrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back