Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, winning the CL and Euros is 100% why he was nominated and placed for the balon d'or, and im not even putting them close to each other.
But his PL stats as a midfielder is a direct comparison to another midfielders premier league stats, not misrepresented at all.
I mean there was no need to even mention the other stuff if that was really the case but fair enough.

we’re have we spent it? you telling me we can go into the season as we are?
We've spent it on whatever bizarre arrangement we have in place with the Premier League to not punish us for spunking illegal amounts of money over the past 3-5 years

I fully agree that we can't go into the season as we are - but we might be legally prohibited in how much money we can spend

I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for the club to think outside of the box when it comes to signing players - especially with a new DoF and a young manager, but the players we have been linked with suggests otherwise

I mean there was no need to even mention the other stuff if that was really the case but fair enough.
Tbh it was only as id a Chelsea fan hit me with them stats earlier today as a way of bashing Jorginho. When the Gilmour stats went up here i thought they looked similar!
But we cant underestimate the difference a world class midfield around a player makes, and we are nowhere near even having semblance of a half decent mid right now.
My views are right player wrong time, but might not get the opportunity to sign him when we are 'ready' for that type.
Depending on loan/reasonably structured fee purchase on id guess middle of the road wages, i think he's worth the risk due to age and natural ability.

We've spent it on whatever bizarre arrangement we have in place with the Premier League to not punish us for spunking illegal amounts of money over the past 3-5 years

I fully agree that we can't go into the season as we are - but we might be legally prohibited in how much money we can spend

I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for the club to think outside of the box when it comes to signing players - especially with a new DoF and a young manager, but the players we have been linked with suggests otherwise
The Japanese market seems to be a favourite for a few teams at the moment. I think it’s something to do with the players contracts, makes it relatively easy to sign them.

Mad to think some people are hoping a lad who couldn't do the business for Norwich will somehow become our midfield maestro. That's how far we have fallen. Being lightweight isn't his only issue.

He played 2 through balls in 24 Premier league games last season. Created 1 big chance and got 1 assist in total from his 1,136 passes (235 backwards passes / 337 forward passes / the rest sideways). He conceded as many penalties as provided assists. He had 18 shots in his 24 games with 33.3% of them on target.

Doucoure's statistics are better in almost every category when breaking it down proportionally. And he still gets a lot of stick on here.

I'd back him if he came to us but he isn't the answer for me. Norwich fans generally hated him and any Google of his name in relation to them is generally negative. So why is he good enough for us?

We're a far cry from NSNO these days.
I get the questions and criticisms, he's a young kid his Norwich loan was mixed, I don't think Gilmour is the answer on his own he would need to be surrounded by physicality, but I think he would be better at retaining the ball than what we have in that position. I don't think comparing the stats of Gilmour who is a six with Doucoure who is a 8 and was at times pushing on even more, works. Winks doesn't have many assists or goals either probably partly because that isn't their role. Most DMs won't have multiple assists or goals they sit deep. Also if I remember he played well under Lampard.

Last edited:
In 20/21, the year he placed 3rd in the balon d'or, won the european champs and CL... his prem stats were:
28 games
No goals from open play
1783 passes 3 big chances created and 1 assist along with 1 error leading to a goal
14 shots

Stats can be funny things depending on how you try and paint them.

And this is the guy that came 3rd in balon d'or so yeah an unfair comparison.

Btw Gilmours 84% passing in that Norwich side last season is above everyone we have.

My old girl could complete 84% of her passes if they're 5 yards and backwards mate. It was higher than De Bruyne's. Meaningless

If this is really the measure for success then we're knackered.

My old girl could complete 84% of her passes if they're 5 yards and backwards mate. It was higher than De Bruyne's. Meaningless

If this is really the measure for success then we're knackered.
No, but we're a team that struggles to keep possession, and the better teams all have better passing stats, so we should be aspiring to improve that side.

No, but we're a team that struggles to keep possession, and the better teams all have better passing stats, so we should be aspiring to improve that side.
Best way to protect the defence is to keep possession.
A certain S.Clarke hasn’t came to this realisation yet

….if the links are correct, Gilmour coming in would surely represent how Lampard wants to play. It might not suit many posters on here (I’m a bit underwhelmed myself) but at least it supports a playing strategy Lampard wants to transition to.

He has looked terrific in games, as a youngster I remember him being very good against the Reds but then he struggled at Norwich.

He looks a player who will operate with footballers on the same wavelength. He will need blend, it’s a different style we’re moving to.
Looking at the training videos, the squad are being coached to press and one touch pass through the press.

Should be interesting

Fair enough mate. We all have our opinions and want the best for the club.

For me, a lad who statistically is nothing more than a sidewards and backwards passer (at this stage in his career) is not the answer.

No one got the memo, of trying to sign talented players before they become great players.

Who was the last one we done do you reckon? Lukaku at the time seems like a big outlay but we got top dollar.........probably John Stones. 3m outlay and sold for 50m. DCL would be similar wouldn't he due to the small outlay.

Richarlison we overpaid for and probably undersold so can't say we turned over a great profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back