Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the thumbs up thumbs down generation, I blame the XFactor
Screenshot_20220601-212513_Google.webp

Nah...it was this fella.

I remember Gilmour playing for Chelsea v Liverpool and he played a cracking game shielding the back 4. Loads of energy, and clever use of the ball. Didn’t offer as much going forward but that wasn’t his job. I could happily alternate him and Warrington next season

Tbh it was only as id a Chelsea fan hit me with them stats earlier today as a way of bashing Jorginho. When the Gilmour stats went up here i thought they looked similar!
But we cant underestimate the difference a world class midfield around a player makes, and we are nowhere near even having semblance of a half decent mid right now.
My views are right player wrong time, but might not get the opportunity to sign him when we are 'ready' for that type.
Depending on loan/reasonably structured fee purchase on id guess middle of the road wages, i think he's worth the risk due to age and natural ability.
Yeah I’m kind of seeing it the same way. He’s clearly a very talented player, those games against us and Liverpool were outstanding, but I’m conscious they were also 2 1/2 years ago and he hasn’t reached that level too many times since. I’d be wary of a loan, because I feel like he’s unlikely to properly hit the ground running and he’d sort of be learning his role for a while. As a long term investment it could pay off but for one season I’m not sure.

This is why nobody takes you seriously.
Look Jorginho would be our best player because we stink but he wasn't in the top 5 players on the Chelsea or Italy teams but because he was on both a bunch of idiots decided the success was attributable to him in a major way and it just wasn't.

Italy not making the World Cup is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back