Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit I’ve never seen Garner kick a ball, but is he a similar profile of player o Warrington? If so I’d rather we developed our own but if he’s a class above then fair enough. We’re also very short in the holding midfield position of players who can dictate from there in a midfield three.
I only watched him in the cup games they had against PL opposition last season. I didn't think he stood out at all.

Do you think the finances are healthy enough to do things like signing a backup forward for £12m+ and keep a second backup forward like Rondon sitting on the bench alongside him?

I don't.

I guess we'll find out.
I don’t think we can afford not to have a functional option competing with/filling in for Calvert lewin, and I don’t think we can afford to spend £40m+ on a player who is as good as him at his best, so yes I think this is pretty much the best type of deal we can do right now.

Wouldn't take this guy at all.

Not a starter for Rennes and if Club Brugge are circling, that suggests his ceiling is in a league inferior to that of Ligue 1, let alone one vastly superior.
I don’t really fancy him either but if he’s holding out for the PL and the price is dropping I could see him being the guy we take on a real cheapo or a loan with option if we don’t have another depth option by deadline day.

Wouldn't take this guy at all.

Not a starter for Rennes and if Club Brugge are circling, that suggests his ceiling is in a league inferior to that of Ligue 1, let alone one vastly superior.

Are Brugge in the Champions League ? But it's a very inferior league to make a move to from Ligue 1 which is vastly inferior to our league, supposedly.

I don’t think we can afford not to have a functional option competing with/filling in for Calvert lewin, and I don’t think we can afford to spend £40m+ on a player who is as good as him at his best, so yes I think this is pretty much the best type of deal we can do right now.

….I don’t get that you have to pay £40m for a top striker. The high-profile ones do cost lots but the challenge is identifying these players early in their career.

i appreciate its very difficult but other clubs have a reputation for discovering talent & we need to join that company. its a big world, those players are out there.

….I don’t get that you have to pay £40m for a top striker. The high-profile ones do cost lots but the challenge is identifying these players early in their career.

i appreciate its very difficult but other clubs have a reputation for discovering talent & we need to join that company. its a big world, those players are out there.
Once this window is shut we should be out looking for decent scouts they are worth millions and I’m guessing cost very little.

Watford and Leicester seem to have pretty good scouts

Once this window is shut we should be out looking for decent scouts they are worth millions and I’m guessing cost very little.

Watford and Leicester seem to have pretty good scouts

…I tend to look at the CV of players we’re linked with & the number that started careers in the likes of the Senegal & Ghana leagues is amazing. I’m sure clubs like Ajax are hoovering up but we need to get involved at source in the African and South/North American leagues.

I only watched him in the cup games they had against PL opposition last season. I didn't think he stood out at all.
Garner was very good for Forest in their push for promotion from the Championship and is good with dead ball situations but whether he would cut it in the Premier League is another matter. He is young and could develop into a really solid player and even if not spectacular, I think it is relatively low risk considering his age and potential sell on if he develops well. I think it is worth a punt in our situation, but if we had more to spend I would want more proven players than him in ideally. but where we are kind of dictates some low risk (potential large reward) gambles such as this and I would not be unhappy to see this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back