Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I believe if Lampard brings players in then it is to deffo replace those that have let us down this season. That is a lot of choice.
Lampard has got to build partnerships within the team and even though the spirit is good currently we have very few partnerships which makes us a mess.
We cannot be too fussy next season on who he brings in as long as they fit Lampards 'Robust' aspiration and they can gel with the other players footballing wise rather than bessy mates style. We need a team to work together but more importantly understand each other

Agreed, the keyword is partnerships, we
e really haven't seen decent partnerships in years.

Did we have to submit our retained players list to the prem today? Either way we should know very shortly what the situation is regarding the likes of Kenny, delph and Lonergan

One thing I’ve noticed is that sigurdsson has not been in the first team squad page website for a long time now. I have a funny feeling his contract was paid out early and he was released a long time ago so will be interesting to see if his name is on the list

Tosun is the only one who has announced he is leaving and Begovic has already his contract extended by 1 year

The big dubs will be the huge savings on wages from releasing sigurdsson, delph and Tosun

If we give delph a new contract then this club just doesn’t learn from its mistakes. Yea he is decent when fit but he is barely fit.

Did we have to submit our retained players list to the prem today? Either way we should know very shortly what the situation is regarding the likes of Kenny, delph and Lonergan

One thing I’ve noticed is that sigurdsson has not been in the first team squad page website for a long time now. I have a funny feeling his contract was paid out early and he was released a long time ago so will be interesting to see if his name is on the list

Tosun is the only one who has announced he is leaving and Begovic has already his contract extended by 1 year

The big dubs will be the huge savings on wages from releasing sigurdsson, delph and Tosun

If we give delph a new contract then this club just doesn’t learn from its mistakes. Yea he is decent when fit but he is barely fit.
I noticed last year it was made public 4th June.

I dont know if we heard before that date tho.

Fair point.

I suppose it's what premium you put on someone knowing the league really isnt it mate?

That Edersons numbers looked very good though.
Doucoure knew the league. Cleverly knew the league. Godfrey knew the league. It's not really the barrier or the positive that some people make it out to be. You can succeed and fail on both sides.

Doucoure has been a good signing. He's been good for 80% of his time here, if anyone was expecting him to be brilliant on the ball that was never his game he's been a one man midfield at times with us. I have faith Godfrey will recapture his form and he's young enough that of he doesn't we would probably make our money back.
For me he's not been. Not even close. Just degrees of bad.

Doucoure knew the league. Cleverly knew the league. Godfrey knew the league. It's not really the barrier or the positive that some people make it out to be. You can succeed and fail on both sides.
Doucoure has been first choice since he signed, so hes a proven Premier League player, where as Juan Veron flopped and got jogged back to Italy.

I could live with this one. Oy got 1 more year left on his contract I think. So no brainer if somebody is willing to pay actual money.
Heard Grey was getting a contract extension?? or had an extra year option?

Think Grey is a great option off the bench and would cost 15 million plus to replace, why would you do it?

Think its just a "file in the tosh rumours bin"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back