Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things have surprised me so far.

Don’t really know how there’s a link to Eriksen given that Brentford were much better than us this year and he’d be more suited to them than us so why if he’s leaving there would he bother to come here.

Secondly there’s somehow been no Lingard talk. Feel like we’ve been linked with him every summer for about 5 years and now the one time he’s actually available there doesn’t seem to be anything.

2 things have surprised me so far.

Don’t really know how there’s a link to Eriksen given that Brentford were much better than us this year and he’d be more suited to them than us so why if he’s leaving there would he bother to come here.

Secondly there’s somehow been no Lingard talk. Feel like we’ve been linked with him every summer for about 5 years and now the one time he’s actually available there doesn’t seem to be anything.
Give it time.

For me he's not been. Not even close. Just degrees of bad.
How so? How many terrible games has he had and what were you expecting? He isn't always great on the ball but he's played mostly as a DM or box to box in his time with us and he's more of the latter and he's still been the legs in the midfield with whatever partner he has had Allan, Gomes, Davies he has usually been the legs and particularly last season and early this had some good games. At least we have used Iwobi to get more legs there. Trust me if we had a proper DM he would have looked better and he can still be a useful rotation option. The midfield has a lot of issues, in terms of retaining possession, shielding the back four and creation, I think the pairing as a whole and the balance is partly the issue. Along with the personnel. I would say we need three in midfield. One dm, one box to box, and more creative.

Rich is being sold this summer. Of the players I have seen linked

Yes interested

Broja
Collwill
Gallagher

No thanks

Gilmour
Ampadu
Tarkowski
Think Tarkowski on a three year deal is 14 million would be good business, what would we get to pay around that figure plus their wages....not much? Maybe a Holgate quality for plus another 65k per week?

Also we have to ensure that our expectations over this period is conservative, seen some absolutely daft list's lately of people we wont sign and cant afford, controlled change is the way forward, look at the spine of the team, look at free transfers that will steady the ship and create a squad of players not just a group of individuals who are great on paper but crap on grass!

Next seasons aim should be around 10th, with three or four replacements, following a couple of places higher with 3 or 4 replacements. In year three we should have hold of our finances and be able to look at players who get us into Europa, champions league is a figment of imagination!

The bit at the end is what I was interested in Joao Palhinha, has been mooted that the transfer fee for this bloke will include Virginia whom has been out on loan. Apparently we want 5 million for the keeper but they would accept him as part of the deal to take Palhinha to Goodison

Perfectly honest I have watched a few of the games were he has been involved in via BEIN sport Australia and haven't noticed him so need someone whom has watched him more than a handful of times for their opinion

#WHUFC & #Everton early interest in Maxwel Cornet :: #SaintsFC in for Ryan Fredericks :: Joao Palhinha

telegraph.co.uk
Transfer notebook: West Ham and Everton eye move for Maxwel Cornet after Burnley relegation
Plus, Southampton want Ryan Fredericks on a free transfer and Wolves make contact with Sporting CP over Joao Palhinha

The bit at the end is what I was interested in Joao Palhinha, has been mooted that the transfer fee for this bloke will include Virginia whom has been out on loan. Apparently we want 5 million for the keeper but they would accept him as part of the deal to take Palhinha to Goodison

Perfectly honest I have watched a few of the games were he has been involved in via BEIN sport Australia and haven't noticed him so need someone whom has watched him more than a handful of times for their opinion

#WHUFC & #Everton early interest in Maxwel Cornet :: #SaintsFC in for Ryan Fredericks :: Joao Palhinha

telegraph.co.uk
Transfer notebook: West Ham and Everton eye move for Maxwel Cornet after Burnley relegation
Plus, Southampton want Ryan Fredericks on a free transfer and Wolves make contact with Sporting CP over Joao Palhinha
Heavily linked to Wolves isnt he?

I know we like to look down our noses at certain players, but theres a world of difference between players like Doucs who "can" perform in the Premier League and players like all the countless jokers who have been jogged on after 6months.
We will go down if we keep playing him. He has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back