Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Cornet is lazy journalism but we should be all over that at £17.5 millions which is nothing these days.

Lets be honest yes Gordon is scouse but he also has very little end product and Gray is inconsistent.

Having him and Richarlison flanking DCL gives us more potency up top.

I rememer the last “ we should be all over that, it’s nothing these days” signing we made.

His name was sandro , at 5m it was a no brainer???? How wrong we were . Don’t buy players just because they’re cheap, buy them because they are good enough to improve you

You could flip that around and say we should sign Harry Winks because Spurs are a top 4 team.

Not like we would be signing half their team we would be signing their 2 best players man !

Signing players from relegation fodder is a massive part of why we are crap.

Joel
Alcaraz
Mcarthy
Siggy
Williams
Kone
Bolasie

All signed from relagated or struggling teams and we got nothing back fanacially for them.

Pickford worked out
Then we have
Godfrey
Keane
Rondon

Which we may recoup some money

Players playing at the bottom are normally crap, that’s why they are there.
Sometimes someone stands out and is on the up ( Pickford) but usually this is not the case.

Filling the squad with these type of players is a receipe for disaster which is made even worse when they’re on massive contracts

It would be a drop down selling Gray (which we should do) and signing Cornet.

Now youre talking about Cornet replacing Richarlison?

He was average in France and should have had 15 goals+ for Burnley. His shocking misses are a big reason they were relegated.

We'd never get our money back.
Wait…what am I supposed to be taking from his stats to back up your point here Zat? He had a better shooting percentage and fewer missed chances than Richy while scoring one less goal. Rich also relied a bit on pens. Look Rich is the better player, but you’re slaying Cornet here when if you look at the numbers you linked, they’re pretty darn similar.

And be honest…no one should be scoring 15+ goals for Burnley, especially as someone who plays wide much of the time.

Signing players from relegation fodder is a massive part of why we are crap.

Joel
Alcaraz
Mcarthy
Siggy
Williams
Kone
Bolasie

All signed from relagated or struggling teams and we got nothing back fanacially for them.

Pickford worked out
Then we have
Godfrey
Keane
Rondon

Which we may recoup some money

Players playing at the bottom are normally crap, that’s why they are there.
Sometimes someone stands out and is on the up ( Pickford) but usually this is not the case.

Filling the squad with these type of players is a receipe for disaster which is made even worse when they’re on massive contracts
You’re forgetting Gana, another massive success. Rich signed from Watford, so if you’re going to complain about Bolasie from Palace, you should count Rich from Watford. Half the crap players you mentioned were from one Wigan team due to Martinez, and McCarthy was great until he started getting hurt.

There are good players on bad teams. There are crap players on good teams. You could just as easily make a list of garbage we took off teams higher in the table. It’s about finding the right individuals regardless of where they are.

We will go down if we keep playing him. He has to go.
While I dont agree with the going down statement, his level of consistence is a concern and thats the problem, we have a long list of injury prone, very inconsistent players, who can beat Chelsea 1 week and get beat by Burnley the next.

At their best they can all perform to a very high standard.

Take Iwobi, not wishing to bash on him alone, but hes a prime example, sure you will point to the manager or him playing in a role hes comfortable with, I will point to him being awful for Nigeria and being nothing short of terrible for over 2 years here. Then for a month hes suddenly a new player.

So we dont have bad players, we have consistently inconsistent players.

If you held a gun to my head and asked who I would be happy and I mean really happy to play for us next season it would be :

Pickers
RB - CB - CB - Myko
DM
CM - CM
RW - Dom - Richy
Im "happy" for the likes of Gordon, Holgate, Keane, Godfrey, Gray, hell even Iwobi, Dele to stay for the squad, Patterson I cant judge.

We finished 16th, im under no illusions of how much work this squad requires.

Cornet , tarkowski and hopefully land max Arrons , puki and Ben foster. Picking players from relagated teams is. It the way to go
Cornet? Just because he scored against us doesn't mean he's any good.

It's not even as though he's a bright young exciting prospect.

If we splash a chunk of our money on him it's debatable if he improves us.

Currently we have:

Richarlison
Gray
Gordon

As primerily left sided forwards/wingers. We don't need another unless we sell 2 of the above. Possible, but unlikely.

The right side is a far more pressing requirement. Townsend is injured, may not fully recover and the soon to depart El Ghazi. If we're spending Cornet money get Sarr from Watford (younger, just) or find someone from outside the UK.

I think Myko and both Richarlison/Gordon work on the left as they both track back and Myko is very conservative in his positioning

With Patterson on the right being more attack minded i wonder what the idea will be there...an ultra attacking player to push the opposition back?

Also, Tarkowski makes sense for someone to partner Godfrey. He seems to need an organiser next to him like Mina.

Other partnerships we wont really know unless the midfield has incomings.

There was a time under Carlo that Godfrey was one of our most versatile and trusted along the back line. I think Tarkowski makes a ton of sense as an organizer. Especially on a free. There’s some individual talent (and depth) back there - they’re just a mess, collectively, as a unit

While I dont agree with the going down statement, his level of consistence is a concern and thats the problem, we have a long list of injury prone, very inconsistent players, who can beat Chelsea 1 week and get beat by Burnley the next.

Take Iwobi, not wishing to bash on him alone, but hes a prime example, sure you will point to the manager or him playing in a role hes comfortable with, I will point to him being awful for Nigeria and being nothing short of terrible for over 2 years here. Then for a month hes suddenly a new player.

If you held a gun to my head and asked who I would be happy and I mean really happy to play for us next season it would be :

Pickers
RB - CB - CB - Myko
DM
CM - CM
RW - Dom - Richy
Im "happy" for the likes of Gordon, Holgate, Keane, Godfrey, Gray, hell even Iwobi, Dele to stay for the squad, Patterson I cant judge.

Ricky plays on the right for Brazil. Use the Kean money to sign Cornet.

Pickers
RB - CB - CB - Myko
DM
CM - CM
RW - Dom - Richy

Inconsistency breeds inconsistency as well.

Can you coach consistency - to a degree I think you can with 'some' players, otherwise you'd not see a lot of young players gain it as they gain experience, a inconsistent 29yo though is likely never gonna gain it.

As you said we where 16th for a reason, well a host of reasons actually.

Bad recruiting leaving a mismatched team with lots of holes in it, inconsistency throughout the squad, injuries, a horrid disconnect between manager and supporters for most of the season. Plus a few other reasons.

Task fir the new boss and dof is which of these are turnable around short term and long term.

Think Cornet is lazy journalism but we should be all over that at £17.5 millions which is nothing these days.

Lets be honest yes Gordon is scouse but he also has very little end product and Gray is inconsistent.

Having him and Richarlison flanking DCL gives us more potency up top.
His general stats aren’t that good. Crossing accuracy of 18% and one assist. Had scored a few goals though.

Is he quick?

Cornet? Just because he scored against us doesn't mean he's any good.

It's not even as though he's a bright young exciting prospect.

If we splash a chunk of our money on him it's debatable if he improves us.

Currently we have:

Richarlison
Gray
Gordon

As primerily left sided forwards/wingers. We don't need another unless we sell 2 of the above. Possible, but unlikely.

The right side is a far more pressing requirement. Townsend is injured, may not fully recover and the soon to depart El Ghazi. If we're spending Cornet money get Sarr from Watford (younger, just) or find someone from outside the UK.
Cornet £17.5m Sarr £28m. Will take both.

Pickers
RB - CB - CB - Myko
DM
CM - CM
RW - Dom - Richy

On your list I'd be fine with Gordon starting too mate, yes he has weak parts to his game - but, think he will really start to develop more with this full season behind him. re Patterson he's still mich of an unknown but hopefully is good enough with a full pre season to have us by mid season happy with that position (at least I don't think we can buy there unless we are effectively writing his development off)

Agree fully on none of the three midfield positions though - with the right two then maybe one we have will fit into that, but as it stands nope.

Cb agree also, mainly as Mina can't stay fit so can't be happy with him being the number 1.

Shows where pretty much all the focus needs to be on in recruitment though this sesson, so let's see I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back