Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison missed loads of sitters in recent weeks and DCL missed a penalty against Brighton.

Talking bollox there Eggs son.

….on the run-in, both Richarlison & DCL scored key goals when it most mattered for us to stay up. On Burnley’s run-in, Cornet missed a penalty at West Ham and an absolute sitter at Norwich when it most mattered & his team went down.

Anyway, I’m 65 years of age, I would be very surprised if I was your son.

Last edited:
While I dont agree with the going down statement, his level of consistence is a concern and thats the problem, we have a long list of injury prone, very inconsistent players, who can beat Chelsea 1 week and get beat by Burnley the next.

At their best they can all perform to a very high standard.

Take Iwobi, not wishing to bash on him alone, but hes a prime example, sure you will point to the manager or him playing in a role hes comfortable with, I will point to him being awful for Nigeria and being nothing short of terrible for over 2 years here. Then for a month hes suddenly a new player.

So we dont have bad players, we have consistently inconsistent players.

If you held a gun to my head and asked who I would be happy and I mean really happy to play for us next season it would be :

Pickers
RB - CB - CB - Myko
DM
CM - CM
RW - Dom - Richy
Im "happy" for the likes of Gordon, Holgate, Keane, Godfrey, Gray, hell even Iwobi, Dele to stay for the squad, Patterson I cant judge.

We finished 16th, im under no illusions of how much work this squad requires.

Spot on.

….on the run-in, both Richarlison & DCL scored key goals when it most mattered for us to stay up. On Burnley’s run-in, Cornet missed a penalty at West Ham and an absolute sitter at Norwich when it most mattered & his team went down.

If we are looking at adding end product, obvious two major targets should be Johnson from forest (even if they go up) and Gallacher from Chelsea (both already shown they have goals in them) and both with massive potential to get much better.

If we received a decent offer for Gray then Johnson would be an upgrade with the potential to be a seriously big upgrade, ideally you get him and keep gray but reality is we need money to be able to invest

DM is whst terrifies me atm as we have absolutely nothing currently here even half capable.

Ben Brereton Diaz
Brennan Johnson
Keane Lewis-Potter
Rob Dickie
Ronnie Edwards
Alex Scott
Jacob Greaves
Lewis O’Brien
Chris Willock
Ilias Chair
Daniel Jebbison
Gustavo Hamer
Scott Twine
Tyrese Campbell
Antoine Semenyo
Harry Souttar
Joel Piroe
Jason Knight
Djed Spence
Isiah Thomas
John Swift

All high performing lower league players with much better value for money than your Cornet’s of the world.

Ben Brereton Diaz
Brennan Johnson
Keane Lewis-Potter
Rob Dickie
Ronnie Edwards
Alex Scott
Jacob Greaves
Lewis O’Brien
Chris Willock
Ilias Chair
Daniel Jebbison
Gustavo Hamer
Scott Twine
Tyrese Campbell
Antoine Semenyo
Harry Souttar
Joel Piroe
Jason Knight
Djed Spence
Isiah Thomas
John Swift

All high performing lower league players with much better value for money than your Cornet’s of the world.

I remember when they were 99p, cost of living gone mad.

Ben Brereton Diaz
Brennan Johnson
Keane Lewis-Potter
Rob Dickie
Ronnie Edwards
Alex Scott
Jacob Greaves
Lewis O’Brien
Chris Willock
Ilias Chair
Daniel Jebbison
Gustavo Hamer
Scott Twine
Tyrese Campbell
Antoine Semenyo
Harry Souttar
Joel Piroe
Jason Knight
Djed Spence
Isiah Thomas
John Swift

John Swift joined us last night so knock him off your list, replace him with Jed Wallace, another decent player

I hope we buy before we sell.

You just get rinsed otherwise.
We tend to get rinced anyway...there is always that premium price Everton has to paid like if we were a top 6 club...Good thing that now we also have other clubs having to pay that premium such as Newcastle and villa. But you're right...let's make sure we buy before we announce any sale.

Wait…what am I supposed to be taking from his stats to back up your point here Zat? He had a better shooting percentage and fewer missed chances than Richy while scoring one less goal. Rich also relied a bit on pens. Look Rich is the better player, but you’re slaying Cornet here when if you look at the numbers you linked, they’re pretty darn similar.

And be honest…no one should be scoring 15+ goals for Burnley, especially as someone who plays wide much of the time.
The bloke cant cross + cant assist.

He should have scored 14/15 goals...he didnt.

Even the goals he scored is higher than he ever achieved in France...where he was bog standard average.

If he scores 5 goals next season he's worth £5mil as he provides nothing else.

Its all in the stats. Watching him hes a headless chicken.

Cornet? Just because he scored against us doesn't mean he's any good.

It's not even as though he's a bright young exciting prospect.

If we splash a chunk of our money on him it's debatable if he improves us.

Currently we have:

Richarlison
Gray
Gordon

As primerily left sided forwards/wingers. We don't need another unless we sell 2 of the above. Possible, but unlikely.

The right side is a far more pressing requirement. Townsend is injured, may not fully recover and the soon to depart El Ghazi. If we're spending Cornet money get Sarr from Watford (younger, just) or find someone from outside the UK.
We should be trying to shift Gray and bringing in Johnson. Even over at Rennes Doku and Sulemana make far more sense.

There was a time under Carlo that Godfrey was one of our most versatile and trusted along the back line. I think Tarkowski makes a ton of sense as an organizer. Especially on a free. There’s some individual talent (and depth) back there - they’re just a mess, collectively, as a unit
Exactly...Myko, Godfrey, Patterson all have youth, potential and ability...the defence lacks a leader / organiser.

Ricky plays on the right for Brazil. Use the Kean money to sign Cornet.
So now were moving Richarlison to accomodate Cornet?

£25mil for Kean and you want to chuck it down the toilet.

People turning their noses up at Cornet for 17 mill. He outscored all our attackers apart from Richy in a team that are even worse than us at creating chances.
Does this mean watching him play for Lyon and thinking hes nothing special? He was shifted to left back because hes average. Watching him for Burnley and seeing a headless chicken who cant cross or pass...selfishly took on shots and managed to net 9 which is a miracle for him.

Youve fallen for a player who has a great scoring record last season....but whose overall poor.

If we are looking at adding end product, obvious two major targets should be Johnson from forest (even if they go up) and Gallacher from Chelsea (both already shown they have goals in them) and both with massive potential to get much better.

If we received a decent offer for Gray then Johnson would be an upgrade with the potential to be a seriously big upgrade, ideally you get him and keep gray but reality is we need money to be able to invest

DM is whst terrifies me atm as we have absolutely nothing currently here even half capable.

Gallagher from Chelsea is the one I'd like the most. Busy, brilliant workrate, always on the move, always looking for the ball, got a goal in him. He'd be a fantastic signing

And Salah missed a 1 on 1 with Pickford in the Derby a few year back which would have ultimately won them the title.

Players miss chances - weird how you are hating on him for that when he scored triple the goals Gordon did this season in half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back