Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont need to sell any 'major' players to bring in £40mil.

We can bring in £70mil+ from squad player sales.

We'll see Zat. We've struggled for years getting rid of absolute tosh and I think we'll struggle again.

Realistically we need to shift

One of Keane or Mina
Gbamin, Gomes, Allan
Rondon

They're all on top end wages, certainly the kind that no other club but muggins Everton will pay.

I'd be happy to see Holgate, Davies & Doucoure leave but then we'd literally need to bring in 10 new players which isn't going to happen.

So for me, the only way we bring in 70m is by selling a DCL, Rico or a Pickford to help bring in a huge chunk.

Typical - a few of us on here called for the signing of Ibrahim Sangare when he was at Toulouse and we were being strongly linked with him. Who did we sign instead in the summer of 2019? Gbamin and Delph. Sangare then stayed at Toulouse and we still could have signed him in 2020 but instead in the summer of 2020 who did we sign? Doucoure and Allan. In 2020 he went to PSV for £8.5m. He's still only 24. So who is he being linked with now? United, Chelsea Newcastle and the RS with a release clause of £34m. I despair.

40m+ imo which would rule us out of a purchase. Loan or nothing I reckon Zat.
Surely everybody knows how transfers work regarding Amortisation.
40mil for Gallagher over 5 yrs and say 80k a week is 12mil on our books next season. Sigurdsson cost us 14mil on our books every season, which will obviously be coming off next month. Add Delph and tosun and it’s probably another 15mil saved

We really need to stop kidding ourselves that anyone’s gonna pay decent money for our crap squad players, apart from maybe Allan, Keane and Holgate

We'll see Zat. We've struggled for years getting rid of absolute tosh and I think we'll struggle again.

Realistically we need to shift

One of Keane or Mina
Gbamin, Gomes, Allan
Rondon

They're all on top end wages, certainly the kind that no other club but muggins Everton will pay.

I'd be happy to see Holgate, Davies & Doucoure leave but then we'd literally need to bring in 10 new players which isn't going to happen.

So for me, the only way we bring in 70m is by selling a DCL, Rico or a Pickford to help bring in a huge chunk.
We could probably get 10m for each of the first five you mentioned. Coupled with wage savings that's huge.

Rondon has a classic undisclosed fee is in his future.

Over the last week of the links we have been attached too I'd be happy with:

Johnson - Forest
Gallagher - Chelsea/Palace (loan)
Harrison - Leeds
Carter-Harrison - Spurs/Celtic (loan)
Sarr - Watford
Doucoure - Lens
Colwill - Chelsea/Huddersfield (loan)

We dont need to sell any 'major' players to bring in £40mil.

We can bring in £70mil+ from squad player sales.

57D81976-C9C0-48AA-9E87-AD900E5E28C6.webp

This, Quality. My lad raves about him and has watched him a lot.
This is the type of signing we need, i fear other clubs are watching this situation, of course if Forest go up then he will likely stay?
Seems to have been the talk, if forest come up he stays, if they dont he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back