Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Sunderland would like to sign Nathen Broadhead. They will be in the championship next year, scored 13 goals for them in 27 games, would we get somewhere between 2 -5 mill for him?

We could do it even without the amortization calculations.

Kean £25mil
Allan £10mil
Gbamin £5mil
Keane £10mil
Mina £10mil
Gomes Free
Gray £10mil

Hey presto...relatively conservatively as well.

CB: Tarkowski Free
DM:
CM: Gallagher £40mil
FW: Johnson £25mil

£5mil to spare for a loan fee or downpayment.

If they dont go up.

Zat, nobody is paying 25m for Allan, Mina and Gbamin

Anyone remember Matheu Pereira, playmaker for WBA last season, scored 11 PL goals and 6 assists.

Currently playing for Al Hilal in Saudi and had a very good season by all account's.

Could be worth a look?

We are begging for creativity and a diverse creative attacking midfielder who can play at 10 and on both flanks.
My nan on acid with a Toblerone up her bum would have a good season over there.

Anyone remember Matheu Pereira, playmaker for WBA last season, scored 11 PL goals and 6 assists.

Currently playing for Al Hilal in Saudi and had a very good season by all account's.

Could be worth a look?

We are begging for creativity and a diverse creative attacking midfielder who can play at 10 and on both flanks.
Playing in Saudi means he's probably on a squillion pounds per week

While I dont agree with the going down statement, his level of consistence is a concern and thats the problem, we have a long list of injury prone, very inconsistent players, who can beat Chelsea 1 week and get beat by Burnley the next.

At their best they can all perform to a very high standard.

Take Iwobi, not wishing to bash on him alone, but hes a prime example, sure you will point to the manager or him playing in a role hes comfortable with, I will point to him being awful for Nigeria and being nothing short of terrible for over 2 years here. Then for a month hes suddenly a new player.

So we dont have bad players, we have consistently inconsistent players.

If you held a gun to my head and asked who I would be happy and I mean really happy to play for us next season it would be :

Pickers
RB - CB - CB - Myko
DM
CM - CM
RW - Dom - Richy
Im "happy" for the likes of Gordon, Holgate, Keane, Godfrey, Gray, hell even Iwobi, Dele to stay for the squad, Patterson I cant judge.

We finished 16th, im under no illusions of how much work this squad requires.
I wouldn't say I'm happy to keep anyone. Reality is some are going to have to stay and hopefully those that do are some of the occasionally useful ones.

We could do it even without the amortization calculations.

Kean £25mil
Allan £10mil
Gbamin £5mil
Keane £10mil
Mina £10mil
Gomes Free
Gray £10mil

Hey presto...relatively conservatively as well.

CB: Tarkowski Free
DM:
CM: Gallagher £40mil
FW: Johnson £25mil

£5mil to spare for a loan fee or downpayment.

If they dont go up.

Ok breaking this down, Gray yes I could see a team willing to pay 10m for him (maybe) Kean yes also as we have the contact done on selling him - but I'm guessing Juve want a lower fee to buy him early taking advantage of us needing cash now - they ain't simply paying us early as they want him - quite the opposite they want him gone. Keane - possible also we can sell for that fee.

But...

Gbamin - nobody is paying anything fir a player with his injury record, we effectively had to pay nearly all his wages and received no loan fee to get him out in January.

Mina - last year if his contract, horrible injury record and huge wages, nobody will buy him they'd take him on loan but anyone willing to risk him will wait twelve months and get him for nothing to mitigate the financial risk.

Allan, big wages, 31 and starting to pick up knocks, last year of his contract too I think, again nobody is paying any substantial fee at this point.

In summary we'd like to get rid of them all bring in about 40m as a realistic estimate, we'd also maybe receive 5m in loan fees BUT be subsidizing 30-50% of those players wages (Allan, Mina, Gbamin)

And that's by letting go nominally both starting center backs, a starting cm, and a winger who pretty much starts or comes on as first choice every game in Gray.

Only way letting these go and being able to replace is if we also cash in on say DCL or Richy to allow incomings.

More sensible is you keep Mina and pray he stays fit, only sell Gray IF you get in someone like Johnson first.

We get shut before we replace we could end up with a situation where we end up having to panic buy in plsyers of similar quality we just let go in order to not have 14 players at the start of the season.

Last edited:

Could be worth a look?

He was ace this guy, i'd have a look at him!

We'll see Zat. We've struggled for years getting rid of absolute tosh and I think we'll struggle again.

Realistically we need to shift

One of Keane or Mina
Gbamin, Gomes, Allan
Rondon

They're all on top end wages, certainly the kind that no other club but muggins Everton will pay.

I'd be happy to see Holgate, Davies & Doucoure leave but then we'd literally need to bring in 10 new players which isn't going to happen.

So for me, the only way we bring in 70m is by selling a DCL, Rico or a Pickford to help bring in a huge chunk.
Read earlier there was another Doucoure on our shopping list

Could be worth a look?

You'd have a very good season playing in Saudi Arabia.

Every Gulf league is utter turd. Bernard is one of the best players in the UAE league for god sake.

There's a reason no Gulf Arab plays in a serious league.

Yep, I'm not saying we can't get 10m for them, I'm saying who is going to match the wages they are on with us? Gomes looks like he should be on about 10k a week yet is apparently on something like 100k a week.

In short, we'll be stuck with a lot of crap.

Maybe but we don't really have much historical evidence to suggest we can sell dross.
That's why we need Kenwright ousting and in a fit of pique buys another club.

He's gladly take on a few good Evertonians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back