Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
People turning their noses up at Cornet for 17 mill. He outscored all our attackers apart from Richy in a team that are even worse than us at creating chances.
I think people are turning their nose up at the fact we seem to, if this link has any credentials, be fishing in the same pond as the previous five years or so which has coincided with our decline in performance.

Its hardly inspiring. Put the 17m towards Brennan Johnson and turn him into a 50m player we sell on.

And Salah missed a 1 on 1 with Pickford in the Derby a few year back which would have ultimately won them the title.

Players miss chances - weird how you are hating on him for that when he scored triple the goals Gordon did this season in half the time.

Almost all of Cornets goals came when he was up front for Burnley. I'm sure if Gordon was up top he would score more.

Please show your working out

giphy.gif

We could probably get 10m for each of the first five you mentioned. Coupled with wage savings that's huge.

Rondon has a classic undisclosed fee is in his future.

Yep, I'm not saying we can't get 10m for them, I'm saying who is going to match the wages they are on with us? Gomes looks like he should be on about 10k a week yet is apparently on something like 100k a week.

In short, we'll be stuck with a lot of crap.

Surely everybody knows how transfers work regarding Amortisation.
40mil for Gallagher over 5 yrs and say 80k a week is 12mil on our books next season. Sigurdsson cost us 14mil on our books every season, which will obviously be coming off next month. Add Delph and tosun and it’s probably another 15mil saved

Nope I can't say I understand how transfers work regarding amortisation.

I think it might not be realistic but in an ideal world I'd bring in two dms or at least someone who is versatile and can adopt that role more than say allan or Davies. I think we need two that can fill that position especially because of our injury history. I think it would be smart to get some funds for allan too he's been exceptional at times but also susceptible defensively due to mobility issues and he's injured a lot not delph levels but its getting disconcerting

40mil for Gallagher over 5 yrs and say 80k a week is 12mil on our books next season. Sigurdsson cost us 14mil on our books every season, which will obviously be coming off next month. Add Delph and tosun and it’s probably another 15mil saved
Thank god you're here to explain to us peasents about Amortisation.

Please show your working out

We'll see Zat. We've struggled for years getting rid of absolute tosh and I think we'll struggle again.

Realistically we need to shift

One of Keane or Mina
Gbamin, Gomes, Allan
Rondon

They're all on top end wages, certainly the kind that no other club but muggins Everton will pay.

I'd be happy to see Holgate, Davies & Doucoure leave but then we'd literally need to bring in 10 new players which isn't going to happen.

So for me, the only way we bring in 70m is by selling a DCL, Rico or a Pickford to help bring in a huge chunk.

We could do it even without the amortization calculations.

Kean £25mil
Allan £10mil
Gbamin £5mil
Keane £10mil
Mina £10mil
Gomes Free
Gray £10mil

Hey presto...relatively conservatively as well.

CB: Tarkowski Free
DM:
CM: Gallagher £40mil
FW: Johnson £25mil

£5mil to spare for a loan fee or downpayment.

Brennan johnson for the reported £20m is a steal. Lad has massive potential
If they dont go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back