Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on!

1653910094293.webp

I don’t think a single person has made the point that he should have been forced to wear the rainbow kit.

The point being made is that his refusal to wear it, specifically the reasons behind his refusal, points to some abhorrent beliefs.

Of course he’s entitled to his beliefs and he’s entitled to refuse to wear the kit - in the same way a man of his devout faith could have refused to wear kits with the logos of gambling and beer companies - in much the same way that people in here are entitled to call him out for being a gigantic meff.

By all means, consider him a meff if you wish, but can you not see the danger in your deducement that refusing to wear someone else's clothes makes them an abhorrent person? A person so abhorrent that they should be precluded from employment despite being otherwise qualified! That's how this discussion started; should Gueye be precluded from re-joining Everton because he declined to wear somebody else's clothes? The push-back from maintaining any stance other than one that has Gueye blackmarked for evermore says it all.

If Gueye was an advocate of hateful rhetoric, then fair enough, you can label him abhorrent and have him blackmarked for evermore. But he hasn't done that. He's simply declined to wear somebody else's clothes, something that nobody should be bullied into doing. It's one thing to mandate against discrimination, and quite another to force people into wearing other people's clothes. The irony of course, is that punishing Gueye for declining to wear someone else's clothes is far more discriminatory than anything Gueye has done.

Ajer is a massive red and it’s always put me off.

The most important signing for this summer in my opinion is someone who can play the role Delph was so good in, in the run of good performances at the end of the season.

It’s a simple role on paper, covering across midfield, winning and moving the ball around, not necessarily creating chances but that’s a bonus.

It’s no coincidence that our best performances coincided with Delph being fit and excelling in this role (he was MOTM for those few games).

With the right player our defence and midfield are transformed, as they aren’t exposed and the ball isn’t constantly wasted.

Spend any budget we have on bringing in a top player for this role.

I cant see Ajer. I like him, but think he will be too expensive.
Agreed. Not sure what his contact situation is, but either way I don't see much appeal to him in coming here. I think we should avoid pointless and drawn out sagas for players this summer, where we are rinsed on the fee. That's far more likely to occur if we are trying to sign existing PL players.

Ajer is a massive red and it’s always put me off.

The most important signing for this summer in my opinion is someone who can play the role Delph was so good in, in the run of good performances at the end of the season.

It’s a simple role on paper, covering across midfield, winning and moving the ball around, not necessarily creating chances but that’s a bonus.

It’s no coincidence that our best performances coincided with Delph being fit and excelling in this role (he was MOTM for those few games).

With the right player our defence and midfield are transformed, as they aren’t exposed and the ball isn’t constantly wasted.

Spend any budget we have on bringing in a top player for this role.
110% agree with this.

Everything else revolves around this position.

Defence is better protected and has someone to play it to, and players like Iwobi or Doucoure can get further forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back