Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off Topic
By all means, consider him a meff if you wish, but can you not see the danger in your deducement that refusing to wear someone else's clothes makes them an abhorrent person? A person so abhorrent that they should be precluded from employment despite being otherwise qualified! That's how this discussion started; should Gueye be precluded from re-joining Everton because he declined to wear somebody else's clothes? The push-back from maintaining any stance other than one that has Gueye blackmarked for evermore says it all.

If Gueye was an advocate of hateful rhetoric, then fair enough, you can label him abhorrent and have him blackmarked for evermore. But he hasn't done that. He's simply declined to wear somebody else's clothes, something that nobody should be bullied into doing. It's one thing to mandate against discrimination, and quite another to force people into wearing other people's clothes. The irony of course, is that punishing Gueye for declining to wear someone else's clothes is far more discriminatory than anything Gueye has done.
It seems like you’re wilfully ignoring the fact that the clothes he just so happened to refuse to wear, were in support of LGBTQ+ rights.

His beliefs - however misguided - should not preclude him from any employment, but Everton has a responsibility to uphold its values as a club and therefore should decide not to sign players who would deny people their rights.

There again, we’re reportedly about to be sponsored by another gaming company, so what do I know!!??

In any event I’d be reticent about resigning him, quite aside from his stance on LGBTQ+ rights. I can’t imagine he’d have the legs required for his role in the PL after a few years in the French wilderness.

Ajer is a massive red and it’s always put me off.

The most important signing for this summer in my opinion is someone who can play the role Delph was so good in, in the run of good performances at the end of the season.

It’s a simple role on paper, covering across midfield, winning and moving the ball around, not necessarily creating chances but that’s a bonus.

It’s no coincidence that our best performances coincided with Delph being fit and excelling in this role (he was MOTM for those few games).

With the right player our defence and midfield are transformed, as they aren’t exposed and the ball isn’t constantly wasted.

Spend any budget we have on bringing in a top player for this role.

Gueye mark II

Delph shouldn't be the bar to aim for.

The most important signing for this summer in my opinion is someone who can play the role Delph was so good in, in the run of good performances at the end of the season.

It’s a simple role on paper, covering across midfield, winning and moving the ball around, not necessarily creating chances but that’s a bonus.

It’s no coincidence that our best performances coincided with Delph being fit and excelling in this role (he was MOTM for those few games).

With the right player our defence and midfield are transformed, as they aren’t exposed and the ball isn’t constantly wasted.

Agreed

Off Topic
It seems like you’re wilfully ignoring the fact that the clothes he just so happened to refuse to wear, were in support of LGBTQ+ rights.

His beliefs - however misguided - should not preclude him from any employment, but Everton has a responsibility to uphold its values as a club and therefore should decide not to sign players who would deny people their rights.

There again, we’re reportedly about to be sponsored by another gaming company, so what do I know!!??

In any event I’d be reticent about resigning him, quite aside from his stance on LGBTQ+ rights. I can’t imagine he’d have the legs required for his role in the PL after a few years in the French wilderness.

Your reasoning isn't valid, I'm afraid. Declining to wear someone else's clothes doesn't impinge on anyone's rights, whereas blackmarking someone for doing so absolutely does. Gueye really isn't the bully here.

Don’t mind the links to zinchenko, looks a decent player and he’s left footed which we always seem to have a lack of. I’m not sure what his best position is as he’s full back for city and midfield for Ukraine, but good squads always need utility players.

I think this might have legs though as I’m sure wolves were very interested a couple of years ago, so he could be someone thelwell is an admirer of?

Gueye mark II

Delph shouldn't be the bar to aim for.

Delph as a player is perfect for it as he performances showed, but they’d need to be fit every week!

If we sign someone who plays as well as he was playing, I think we’d all be delighted. No idea who though..

Don’t mind the links to zinchenko, looks a decent player and he’s left footed which we always seem to have a lack of. I’m not sure what his best position is as he’s full back for city and midfield for Ukraine, but good squads always need utility players.

I think this might have legs though as I’m sure wolves were very interested a couple of years ago, so he could be someone thelwell is an admirer of?
Would love an all-Ukrainian left side with Myko and Zinko!

?

Zinchenko is happy being a squad at City so i very much doubt he will leave unless Pep wants him to. Besides, we haven't signed a proper LB yet(linked to Cucurella) and if/when we do sign him we'll need cover, and Zinchenko is happy to play when called upon.

Zinchenko is happy being a squad at City so i very much doubt he will leave unless Pep wants him to. Besides, we haven't signed a proper LB yet(linked to Cucurella) and if/when we do sign him we'll need cover, and Zinchenko is happy to play when called upon.
Surely Cancelo is your best left back and still would be even if you sign cucurella. Of course he plays RB too and maybe that's the plan. I honestly would've expected Pep to buy a RB to back up/replace Walker and let Cancelo do Cancelo things from left back, where he seems far more effective(especially with a Left footed LW playing. Will be interesting, but think there'll be no moves on Zinchenko unless City sign another LB like you say. Ake not too bad there when needed tbf... just give us Zinc ffs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back