Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "problem" I have with people bigging up Lampard / Chelsea links is it really can only work once. We could probably get Gilmour as he's a year left but you'd have to figure out from there what we could get from them. We are only allowed one (1) loan from a PL club at a time. That's why I was thinking maybe we could do something a bit dodgy and "buy" Broja or Gallagher for 20m and have a mandatory buyback option from Chelsea for about the same amount? I dunno but we aren't getting 4 players from Chelsea.

Buy Gilmour I reckon 10m would do the trick, maybe even lower if you gave them clauses (try avoid that though).

Broja available - 20m maybe, Gallacher loan or buy if we sold both DCL and Richy?

Bring Zinchenko in for 25-30m

Sell DCL for 55-60m.

Overall team would suddenly look half decent.

The teams very much improved. If Richy also went then you'd have exchanged DCL for Gilmour, Broja and Zinchenko. And have 70m from Richy going to buy Gallacher (35m?) and a winger and another forward.

Buy Gilmour I reckon 10m would do the trick, maybe even lower if you gave them clauses (try avoid that though).

Broja available - 20m maybe, Gallacher loan or buy if we sold both DCL and Richy?

Sell DCL for 55-60m.

The teams very much improved. If Richy also went then you'd have exchanged DCL for Gilmour, Broja and Zinchenko. And have 70m from Richy going to buy Gallacher (35m?) and a winger and another forward.
Congrats, you have just spent 90million on a load of potentially garbage players.

Sell DCL for 55-60m.

I'm hoping our starting 11 next season is unrecognizable.

But there is so much needed it will impossible to do it in one window.

Get a solid midfield that can protect and create/score then i would be happy with that for now! Zinchenko/Erikson the likelyhood of them to signing is almost zero chance but something along them type of players.

Exactly. Gibson had a terrific 12-18 months here and then fell into all the trappings that stopped him becoming Man Us long term succesor to Scholes.

Gilmour will definitely have a good spell if he came here, it's how long that will last I'd question.
Terrific 12-18 months???

I didn't know the background at Chelsea so thanks for sharing mate.

I trust my eye though, i first saw him against us and he ripped us to shreds, couldn't believe what i was seeing and his age, he ran the show I've watched him very closely since and a lot and i think he's absolute quality, i rate him as one of the best young midfielders I've seen in a long time, he still developing and needs support with that. The loan at Norwich will be good for him to my mind, rather then him having it all his own way like he had at Chelsea - i mean he has a CL medal already, he needs to be in a side and have the experience of being under the kosh and adversity, which he now has. He's only going to get better and if there is an opportunity for us given his contract/Lamapard circumstances and while he is on the way up id grab it both hands .

Glowing review! Don't know much about Gilmour so I'm going to absolutely kick off when we don't get him.

Recall him playing really well against us and generally being one of their better players for a few years now. Would be good on a free.

679DE00A-F64E-4D37-8E8E-AD6CA47CF37E.png

After Tarkowski it’s midfielder’s that are our next priority.

Other positions will have to wait.

If they are any sales, the position changes and we think again. But right now after Tarkowski we neee to work on mid field

From my POV, the immediate need is 2 x CBs and 2 x CMs

There are other things to look at after that - potential cover at left back, maybe a winger and/or striker and certainly replacing DCL or Richarlison

But if we are going to fundamentally change the way we play, it comes from CBs who are better on the ball (and who ideally don't have panic attacks when the ball comes in the area) and centre mids who can help us play through the lines

Tarkowski is fine, but it needs another one - names like Gilmour etc in midfield also make sense in this regard, but that's the crux of it. Sort out the middle of the pitch and then concentrate on the rest

Reactions: JLW
Unless Mina is staying & we replace the medical team for ones who can actually keep him fit, then we definitely need 2 CBs in.

Keane surely has to be moved on. Between Godfrey & Holgate they may still be able to be improved & be decent next to a dominant CB, but we’ve seen what happens when we lose that CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back