Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be ok with Darron Gibson if it was this version:

giphy-downsized-large.gif
He had some flashes of brilliance. He could really ping a pass, too.

Big shame he flushed it all down the toilet.

Possible cryptic message on Anthony Gordons insta story, him and Morgan Gibbs-White with that eyes emoji & a blueheart, maybe he knows something. Not made it in the PL at wolves has he? But been playing for Sheff Utd on loan?
This is the type of post I come here for. Start the flight/yacht trackers. I need blurry photos of something vaguely humanoid with what looks like an everton colored top on. Third hand accounts of someone's cousin's uncle who says its nailed on. Transfer espionage is my favorite thing about the summer.

Tend to agree - stick him in front of Keane and Godfrey who'd be giving him passes at his throat and he'll struggle. Put him in a midfield with Doucoure who's equally adept at passing the ball to his teammates and you'll have the same problem.

If you buy him, we need other players who are similarly comfortable with the ball - Tarkowski, for all he gets labelled as a grock because of the way Burnley play, is comfortable with the ball, so that's a start
There isn't any evidence of this in about 6 years. I don't really understand why people keep saying it.

But then we spent years on here saying Holgate was good on the ball so I guess that puts it in perspective.

There isn't any evidence of this in about 6 years. I don't really understand why people keep saying it.

But then we spent years on here saying Holgate was good on the ball so I guess that puts it in perspective.

Put another way, do you think Lampard would have tried to sign him for Chelsea if all he thought he was getting was Michael Keane Mk II?

Possible cryptic message on Anthony Gordons insta story, him and Morgan Gibbs-White with that eyes emoji & a blueheart, maybe he knows something. Not made it in the PL at wolves has he? But been playing for Sheff Utd on loan?
Doing the lord’s work with this kind of tenuous linking, I love it.

I defo wouldn’t hate that signing though. I’d rather young with a point to prove than the “proven PL experience” that’s served us so well in the past.

Gilmour alongside Doucoure and Iwobi could that work? Or alongside Doucoure and another physical box to box player? Not sure Allan will be here

He probably doesn't think he's getting that now. It doesn't mean he's not

Hard to judge given the route one instructions under Dyche, but to the naked eye he looks composed on the ball. My bigger concern with him is the speed on the turn. Lampard will have us playing a higher line than Tarkowski did at Burnley and I've not seen any particularly impressive turn of pace from him, so unless he's playing in the middle of a back three and is protected somewhat (like Thiago Silva at Chelsea), that's my main worry. Competence on the ball is well below that in the things which concern me.

Hard to judge given the route one instructions under Dyche, but to the naked eye he looks composed on the ball. My bigger concern with him is the speed on the turn. Lampard will have us playing a higher line than Tarkowski did at Burnley and I've not seen any particularly impressive turn of pace from him, so unless he's playing in the middle of a back three and is protected somewhat (like Thiago Silva at Chelsea), that's my main worry. Competence on the ball is well below that in the things which concern me.
It's a point I don't think a high line suits any of our defenders bar Godfrey to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back