Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would also need to replace all 5 with the 30m we would get from their sale.
I mean do they all really *need* replacing? I think most people would think our first choice CB pairing will be Godfrey and Tarkowski going forward. Gomes never plays, Rondon shouldn't play regardless. Allan would need to be replaced but he needs replacing regardless, also in fairness I can see Davies and Gbamin both getting chances next season too, even though I don't feel like either will be good enough so that's Allan's position already filled, albeit with players of suspect ability, as well as Dele getting more chances too who I think would do well.

If we got £40m-£50m for the lot I'd legitimately take that as good business at this point. Along with £25m that we look to be getting for Kean this summer that'd put us into £75m profit and well over £600k/w saved before we'd have to even think of getting rid of anyone decent or even anyone that contributes.

Mina will be sold, Allan is sadly injured, so be surprised if we can move him on this window, probably looking at Jan, Keane going nowhere, Gomes and Rondon will be moved on, Rondon for a nominal, Gomes loans till his contract expires.
I mean, I admire your optimism and hope you are right!

I mean do they all really *need* replacing? I think most people would think our first choice CB pairing will be Godfrey and Tarkowski going forward. Gomes never plays, Rondon shouldn't play regardless. Allan would need to be replaced but he needs replacing regardless, also in fairness I can see Davies and Gbamin both getting chances next season too, even though I don't feel like either will be good enough so that's Allan's position already filled, albeit with players of suspect ability, as well as Dele getting more chances too who I think would do well.

If we got £40m-£50m for the lot I'd legitimately take that as good business at this point. Along with £25m that we look to be getting for Kean this summer that'd put us into £75m profit and well over £600k/w saved before we'd have to even think of getting rid of anyone decent or even anyone that contributes.
We have 24 players currently.

19 player matchday squads, with 5 subs.

We cant afford to go into a season depleted.

Agree to an extent but we will still need to bring in four to five this summer. A few squad players now too

We have 24 players currently.

19 player matchday squads, with 5 subs.

We cant afford to go into a season depleted.
Oh I'm fully aware that we'd need to get people in but we need to do that anyway. As in I don't see it as "if we get rid of Allan and Keane we need to bring in 2 players", I see it that we need to bring in 2 players regardless because those 2 aren't good enough. We need new players in the starting 11 but there's no reason to be splurging on backup players to replace Rondon and Gomes for example because a player better than those 2 should be cheap and easy to find as they are just that bad.

I'm not saying I'm advocating for a signing like this but as an example we could sell Gomes for as low as £5m, look at Lingard and bloody Danny Drinkwater all on a free for basically the same as what we pay Gomes and our squad would be far better because of how poor Gomes is. You could say the same for Rondon and get in Welbeck on a free to replace him. Again I'm not saying any of these would be good signings, more so the fact that there are literally free players out there that are better than what we have, on massive wages.

There are some very cheap players out there that we'll be able to get to improve this squad.

Oh I'm fully aware that we'd need to get people in but we need to do that anyway. As in I don't see it as "if we get rid of Allan and Keane we need to bring in 2 players", I see it that we need to bring in 2 players regardless because those 2 aren't good enough. We need new players in the starting 11 but there's no reason to be splurging on backup players to replace Rondon and Gomes for example because a player better than those 2 should be cheap and easy to find as they are just that bad.

I'm not saying I'm advocating for a signing like this but as an example we could sell Gomes for as low as £5m, look at Lingard and bloody Danny Drinkwater all on a free for basically the same as what we pay Gomes and our squad would be far better because of how poor Gomes is. You could say the same for Rondon and get in Welbeck on a free to replace him. Again I'm not saying any of these would be good signings, more so the fact that there are literally free players out there that are better than what we have, on massive wages.

There are some very cheap players out there that we'll be able to get to improve this squad.
Everybody is for sale.

From Lampards words we will be looking at young/hungry players rather than declining stars from teams above us. Clearly the latter approach has not worked for us since Gareth Barry days. Perhaps he will raid the Championship and other teams young up and comings and offer them first team football. I think he saw the technical married with effort and running from Iwobi last term adn wants more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back