Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said sign Brennan Johnson last summer and spence this winter, spence is the right back we need brennan Johnson isn’t necessary as we have many attacking options now.

I absolutely agree - he has an awful lot going for him.

My only slight reservation (and it's only a vague hunch at the moment) is that because he's such a big unit of a lad, I'm not sure how quick he is on the turn and whether he'd be capable of playing a high line, which is something I'd expect to see more of under Lampard.

Apart from that, he's huge, two-footed (more so than anyone I can remember seeing here), comfortable on the ball and already showing good defensive instincts for someone so young.

If my fears are allayed about that speed on the turn, he genuinely looks like a massive talent and one we could do with progressing quickly.
Agreed @Zatara and @toffeeblue9 .

A more robust John Stones.

I think for the next 2/3 years we need Lampard to adopt a strategy of trying to convince young players that the top clubs are looking at to come here and get more minutes in a top league than they’d get anywhere else.

Our position in the league and financially means we can’t be signing players at top price when they are fully developed and Lampard’s reputation for developing young players should help those discussions too.

MUST SELL/GIVE AWAY:
  • At least one of Keane/Holgate
  • Iwobi
  • Rondon
  • Davies
  • Gomes
Coleman to become backup right back next season. Nkounkou backup left back. Branthwaite to challenge Godfrey and Mina, with a new centre back brought in. Gordon and a new wide player to challenge for a starting role, Townsend to be more of an impact player as he was always intended to be. A new central midfielder brought in who can pass a football and help us make the transition from defence to attack. A new striker brought in.

That's 5/6 out, with the 5/6 players out of contract too, and four brought in: CB, CM, WG, ST. Surely doable, especially under a new manager.

See this is just silly! Give away....."sake!

You don't know what affect the new manager/new coaches will have on the players?

Keane, Holgate started on Saturday as did Gomez and both did their jobs, Davies is out until May?, Iwobi came on as a sub (there is no way he is going anywhere because of wages and how much is owes us)

Nkounkou wont make it as a left back, but is a wing back, maybe? whether he makes it at this level is another matter

Forget the lists, spreadsheets, personal opinions for now, lets see what can be achieved by the end of the season, looking at what we have now at the coaching managerial level to what it was with fat man we will get different and more positive outcomes

Fair points.

Can't think of a team that has signed 9 new first team squadders in a window before though?

Also dunno about minimal disruption. Based on quantifiables such as game time/contributions to actual results, yeah sure. But all 9 of those players will have close mates, be part of cliques, maybe offer something in training or whatnot that we don't know or can't see. Them leaving will impact on players who don't leave, who do start games and play regularly in ways that we won't know.

I'd ship the lot as well mate, but don't think we will even come close for all of those reasons: I) disruption to squad; II) actual effort; and III) players unwilling to leave/no buyers

Didn't Fulham do this, and went straight back down?

Didn't Fulham do this, and went straight back down?

Villa did it as well.

Funny thing was that i said we should move on 9 players if we could + the 6 out of contract.

We'd still have an 18 man squad and Lampard prefers small squads.

We could actually loan 4 players and sign 2 permanently and we'd likely be far stronger and have another non-spending window...ready to go big in summer 2023.

So not sure why @ElGato Is talking about signing 9 players lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back