Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind seeing the Sweeper system making a return to the big time

I could see someone like Coleman playing that role, almost like a Quarter Back

It would mean he wouldn't have to run around any more at least

Alternatively you could easily have someone like Holgate or Godfrey play that role if you trained them for it

It's had it's day as a system though I feel, but it's fun to imagine sometimes

You’ve picked some awful examples of sweepers there, Mikey.

Since the OS posted a video of James I expect him to come back on a free transferlol

Pickford

Godfrey Tarkowski Kim Min-jae

Iwobi Palhinha Nunes Mykolenko

James Calvert-Lewin Neto
Excuse me mate, you appear to have put Mykolenko as a midfielder and Godfrey as a right back.

No foreigners, no experienced players, and they must play for a rubbish team.
I thought the twilight zone was cancelled years ago ?
And the same people moaning about buying players from teams in the top 6 will also moan about buying players from relegation tier/championship teams.

Can't win.

Juve, Ath Madrid, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Chelsea.

Just the majority of Title winners across Europe.
Atleti have gone that way in the last season or so. They are now worse for it, in La Liga Atleti finished 15 points off top with Barca in absolute disarray and Real with no real challengers.

Juve and Bayern play 4 at the back....

Inter have kept the 5 at the back from the Conte days and Chelsea we all know about, they fall apart on a manager after 12 months, just ask Frank or Tuechel.

Atleti 3rd, Inter 2nd and Chelsea 3rd all with world class players, this shows the ceiling there is with this formation.

Go back in history and some of the greatest technical defenders have played sweeper. Koeman, Beckenbaur.
And he’s says Coleman one of the worst technical footballers I’ve ever seen in a blue shirt ?

Yeh from memory a sweeper needs to be positionally excellent, great at passing & also great at driving up the pitch. None of our defenders could do it.

Atleti have gone that way in the last season or so. They are now worse for it, in La Liga Atleti finished 15 points off top with Barca in absolute disarray and Real with no real challengers.

Juve and Bayern play 4 at the back....

Inter have kept the 5 at the back from the Conte days and Chelsea we all know about, they fall apart on a manager after 12 months, just ask Frank or Tuechel.

Atleti 3rd, Inter 2nd and Chelsea 3rd all with world class players, this shows the ceiling there is with this formation.
Atletico won the league last season and are always big under dogs v madarid and Barca no matter what system they play. Chelsea also at the moment aren’t winning the title irreverent of the system

I think it benefits us to go with 3 CBs.

If we land the targets id go with:

Pickford
Godfrey Tarkowski Holgate
Branthwaite + Colwill rotating in until they take a starting position.

Sell Keane + Mina.

Thats not going to take away any resources.
Not enough experience in defence
Tarkowski and another older cb which I guess will be Keane

Atletico won the league last season and are always big under dogs v madarid and Barca no matter what system they play. Chelsea also at the moment aren’t winning the title irreverent of the system
Atleti werent playing 3 at the back last season when they won the title.... now they`ve gone to a 3 and are 15 points worse off.

20/21 P38 W26 D8 L4 GF67 GA42 P86
21/22 P38 W21 D8 L9 GF65 GA43 P71

He should be playing his preferred role imo, impossible at city due to well whose playing there for you, but it's a criminal waste to play the lad at lb, he's top quality as a midfielder
Zinchenko has said plenty of times he's happy at City, never once has he said he wants to leave so I don't know who started all the transfer rumours. Unless Pep wants him out i really can't see him wanting to leave himself. He's winning trophies and content yet he's on the lowest salary of all our senior squad players.

And most players have been happy playing for us. David Silva And Aguero both did 10 years, Fernandinho has just left on 9. All three could have signed for any club they wanted to if they wanted to and they'd have gotten more money. Guardiola has been at City over 6 years and counting, he's said he's really happy at the club.

It was reported Gundogan was unhappy and wanted to leave recently, turned out to be a crock of sh!t that some nomark on Twitter started. He's another player under contract and going nowhere.

The redtop loving media hate us and try and destabilise us at every opportunity, jealousy i suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back