Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd argue it's the opposite. I think we have to take on some risk or we can't move forward.

Maybe he's not the right risk but unless we're doing something with a downside there is no upside.
Ultimately, lampard hasn't signed anyone for us yet. He OK'd 2 deals in January that were already set up when he took over on the last day of the window.

We have zero idea what he actually wants, and if he thinks he can utilise winks in a way that improves our team, then I back him with that. If he is even interested in signing winks.

Need to wake up one of those scouts from hibernation and get them outside of England to look for a decent player

Think Lampard maybe playing it 'safe' this summer by going for players that he's confident can adapt quickly.

He'll know that mid table is fine as long as he can start adapting his style and coaching/improving/developing players.

England internationals like Tarkowski, Winks and Gallagher suggest that if the links are true...its a streetwise move.

"May 30, 2022 — Allan says he is facing a six-week recovery from surgery before he can start preparing for the new season with Everton as he distances" it's a lengthy injury though who's going to buy him crocked? I liked allan but hes becoming very injury plagued so I would be cool with his departure if a proper replacement can be found but like I mentioned it doesn't look plausible

With it being Sarri over at Lazio id imagine he'd take a chance on Allan.

I imagine we were after him in Jan but signed Myko.

If its current then Myko would be LCB in a 3...where hes played before.

I think Winks would be a great signing. Our crowd will make him a better player.
Would love to team him up with Ward-Prowse. I'd trust Lampard to know a decent midfielder so if he fancies Winks that's good enough for me.

I must be the only one who rates Winks.

Been championing him for a while.

He's progressive. He's a fabulous passer and receiver of the ball. He moves it quick.

He would be great next to a destroyer

I could see Winks/Gilmour being good deals really....Winks on loan and Gilmour known to Lampard.

Both very similar to the Jorginho type at Chelsea who keep the ball ticking over but can also break the lines.

Playing as deep lying playmakers in front of a back 3 or behind 2 box to box players makes sense with them rotating.

Have to back Lampard.

Ultimately, lampard hasn't signed anyone for us yet. He OK'd 2 deals in January that were already set up when he took over on the last day of the window.

We have zero idea what he actually wants, and if he thinks he can utilise winks in a way that improves our team, then I back him with that. If he is even interested in signing winks.
Oh I definitely don't back him. The DOF needs to do the transfers.

And look it is just rumors, but they aren't great first signs. Hopefully it is just leftovers from the old Everton.

Oh I definitely don't back him. The DOF needs to do the transfers.

And look it is just rumors, but they aren't great first signs. Hopefully it is just leftovers from the old Everton.
No, the dof and manager need to work together on transfers. We have had individuals doing their own thing for too long. They need to work together with a common aim.

But I know you don't back him, the stats have told you not to.

No, the dof and manager need to work together on transfers. We have had individuals doing their own thing for too long. They need to work together with a common aim.

But I know you don't back him, the stats have told you not to.
Well so have the frustratingly bad performances! I think it's kind of funny that people think it can't be anything but numbers that would cause you to doubt the manager.

Common aim, but ultimately Frank should not be in position to make or break deals. To some extent he needs to be willing to work with the players he's given hopefully as the result of a competent strategy from the DOF.

So, it looks like:

CB: Tarkowski (Free)
CM: Gallagher (loan)
DM: Winks (loan)
DM: Gilmour (Fee)

3 England internationals and a young Scottish international.

I'd be happy with that if we were able to shift some players out and extend our best guys contracts.

I think weve seen Lampard work well with those player profiles linked.

For the negativity around Winks...hes a VERY good passer but looks like his confidence was ruined in a similar way to Dele's perhaps.

Id be happy seeing both in the same 11 as they seemed to do well together under Pochittino who loved both of them.

Perhaps Lampard can bring their confidence back...if he can then theyre both high quality technically gifted players.

In addition, if we are successful in shifting certain players out fees I hope we can sneak in one or two more younger profile players....but those 4 would definitely seem to make us more 'robust' and also more suited to Lampard.

Mate, I wouldn't describe a player whose had bad injury problems with ruined confidence as robust. I'd also struggle to use that word for Gilmour too.

So out the 4 - yeah Tarkowski definitely is, the only other who is is by a mile the least likely one to get, and honestly out the three midfielders he's the only one who'd for sure improve over what we have.

Winks is a horrific signing - he's looked shocking for a few seasons now and never honestly looked that great befure then, Gilmour is off the back of a really bad loan season and huge question marks if he can cut it when not surrounded by world class players like he was at Chelsea.

In general with winks - look at how happy spurs fans are to be getting rid of him, he's there Gomes

Well so have the frustratingly bad performances! I think it's kind of funny that people think it can't be anything but numbers that would cause you to doubt the manager.

Common aim, but ultimately Frank should not be in position to make or break deals. To some extent he needs to be willing to work with the players he's given hopefully as the result of a competent strategy from the DOF.
But you don't take into account the factors surrounding it. The rock bottom morale. The form he came into. The zero transfers he was able to make. The injuries he had to contend with. The zero time to bed in prior to every game being a must win. The disconnect between club/fans/players. He did what he needed to get us safe. He achieved the goal he was set, before the season ended and by a clear margin.

I've just remembered, you would rather watch entertaining football even if it leads to a loss. That would have seen us relegated.

But you don't take into account the factors surrounding it. The rock bottom morale. The form he came into. The zero transfers he was able to make. The injuries he had to contend with. The zero time to bed in prior to every game being a must win. The disconnect between club/fans/players. He did what he needed to get us safe. He achieved the goal he was set, before the season ended and by a clear margin.

I've just remembered, you would rather watch entertaining football even if it leads to a loss. That would have seen us relegated.
If the best we can reasonably do is 7th then yes I'd rather it be a 7th place team that is fun and not what Wolves did last year or Burnley a few years back. If that's wrong I don't want to be right.

If the best we can reasonably do is 7th then yes I'd rather it be a 7th place team that is fun and not what Wolves did last year or Burnley a few years back. If that's wrong I don't want to be right.
But you are criticising lampard for taking over a team in 16th place and fighting for survival for not playing in an expansive and open way, with players that can't play that way anyway.

Only a lunatic would play like that in the face of relegation.

If we had been 7th when he took over and played like that, then fair enough, but we weren't. So to judge him on that basis is ludicrous on your part.

Winks is bang average, but looked at one point like he could be a baller. On a loan with a view to buy, it’s a calculated risk that’s worth taking in my book. We can’t afford to splurge so getting players who’ve been injured/progress stunted and potentially getting them back to their best is smart.

i do understand the critism of winks has not been up to it recently. On loan i think would be worth a chance but 20 million no chance. Is clear we need nore options at cm with the new subs rules and players leaving. I kno so far deals been talked about havent been to encouraging. But i am still hopeful the club will make the right deals even if delph stayed we need a dm. Hopefully the club have lined up one

But you are criticising lampard for taking over a team in 16th place and fighting for survival for not playing in an expansive and open way, with players that can't play that way anyway.

Only a lunatic would play like that in the face of relegation.

If we had been 7th when he took over and played like that, then fair enough, but we weren't. So to judge him on that basis is ludicrous on your part.
I'm done with this in here.

Don't sign bad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back