Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where Davies becomes interesting; he's an Academy graduate, so for accounting purposes he cost zero... Any sale is pure profit.

Thing with Davies is that he may be a good/cheap backup while the likes of price are coming through.

Really ?...this lad ?
View attachment 169224
Up agst Kalvin Philips & Declan Rice.
He has a lot of talent and some snide.

For me you play Gallagher in a free role in a front three.
I know he's primarily a midfielder but I think his energy and work rate harries opposition and creates space for the team.
He reminds me of Firminiho across the park. Albeit not as naturally goal scorer.
Strange to compare Firminho and Gallagher?

Gallagher for me is high energy box to box.

Gallagher is a good player but he is hard to place. He is an ok passer, ok defensively, ok attacking...but doesnt stand out in any area outside of energy and pressing. Against teams that sit back he is completely nulified. I know he tailed off towards the end, but Eze came in to the side so he took a lesser attacking role.

He is a good player, on his day amazing but if Palace didnt sign him again this season, id be ok with it.
Youre a Palace fan?

If that's true, he'd be first on my list. That kid is as talented as anyone I've seen coming through for a number of years. I think a lot of people are judging based on that loan spell he had last season, but it would be hard to shine in that side given they were, statistically, the 7th worst in the history of the Premier League.

If you watch his Scotland performances or his Chelsea ones you're left with a very different impression of the player and if you're genuinely talking under £15m, then it's an utter no-brainer (to my eyes anyway)

Interesting to see who if anyone Lampard wants from Chelsea.

Yes will be interesting. We’re a potential option for a loan from Chelsea given we’re not going to be a direct threat to them and a lot of the players know Lampard well.

There's a difference between 'comfortable on the ball' and 'good on the ball' though isn't there. Godfrey is comfortable on the ball but his passing can be awful at times. It'll be interesting to see just how good Tarkowski is in a different team.

I sort of see what you mean, but I've never been convinced about Godfrey being comfortable with the ball. His passing is indeed dire at times, but I tend to think his pace and power when running with the ball give people the impression that he has good technique and composure etc, and I am not sure he does at all.

Tarkowski - hard to say. He's only ever been allowed to show glimpses of actually playing at Burnley, but if you speak to a Burnley fan they'll tell you that he was/is the classiest defender they have and he described himself in his lower league days as a ball playing defender who took risks, particularly at Brentford because of how they played. Someone on Twitter was having this discussion with someone the other day and he pointed to this highlights package (specifically between 3 and 5 mins) as some examples of him being decent with the ball...

It's a small sample size, admittedly

I sort of see what you mean, but I've never been convinced about Godfrey being comfortable with the ball. His passing is indeed dire at times, but I tend to think his pace and power when running with the ball give people the impression that he has good technique and composure etc, and I am not sure he does at all.

Tarkowski - hard to say. He's only ever been allowed to show glimpses of actually playing at Burnley, but if you speak to a Burnley fan they'll tell you that he was/is the classiest defender they have and he described himself in his lower league days as a ball playing defender who took risks, particularly at Brentford because of how they played. Someone on Twitter was having this discussion with someone the other day and he pointed to this highlights package (specifically between 3 and 5 mins) as some examples of him being decent with the ball...

I know what you mean with Godfrey. I do think some of the issues stem from our midfield being atrocious though. Once we come under pressure the defence starts to panic and there’s nobody in there who can really receive the ball under pressure from the back four and progress us up the pitch.

Yes will be interesting. We’re a potential option for a loan from Chelsea given we’re not going to be a direct threat to them and a lot of the players know Lampard well.

I’d like to think we should have a few more strings to our transfer bow than for us to just loan players Lampard has worked with before.

We’re a PL club who can pay decent wages and offer first team football in key positions right down the spine of the team. We should be looking for talent that will be attracted by this rather than players who see us as a short term stop or a stepping stone to an ideal club.

Similar to what we did with Stones DCL Holgate Jagielka Baines etc. do they want to swap championship football for playing every week in the PL and being a key part of a team. We don’t need any more players who may have half a foot outside the camp wanting to go back to Chelsea. Everyone who joins needs to be 100% sold in on playing and winning with Everton

Well what I mean by comfortable on the ball is that he's quite happy to run with the ball etc. Some defenders aren't comfortable on the ball, they want to get rid of it as soon as they get it and have no intention of trying to do anything other than the basics. Others are comfortable on the ball but not actually very good with it, and others are comfortable and capable. Maybe Jagielka is a better example, he's someone who I can definitely imagine being seen as a classy ball player in the lower leagues but at the top level you'd never hear anyone talking about his ability on the ball.

See the way he always keeps his eye on his opponents and more importantly his eye on the ball, he’ll be better than any of the current centre backs we’ve got and enable us to us part with at least one of them, maybe as well as the part time Mina.

Guessing a low initial fee plus add-ons and sell on is the likely outcome if he moves.

They'd get the tribunal development fee if he went in twelve months to an English club, but abroad they'd get zero if he went abroad though which given his skillset can see a fair bit of interest from Germany, Spain,France etc (especially so as they know if he kicked on they'd be able to get a silly transfer fee from an English club in a few years - and the Chelsea young lads don't seem at all fazed by taking the route of going to play in Europe either)

Do they still get the development fee, if my memory is right they signed him from Rangers.

I really like Gilmour, but the blend needs to be important, he would need an enforcer and or physicality in beside him and you need to be a pocession based them - which i think Frank will try and transition us to.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back