Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the current Everton youth in the squad, only Gordon and DCL are players for the first team - we seem to be keeping Holgate, Davies, JJK because they are cheap and familiar.

When we are forced to have any of those three in the starting line-up then we struggle - but then perhaps we can't afford better.

….I think exactly the opposite. I think he can come in and do ok for a game but he can’t keep that level up & gets found out.

Dreadful positioning, you often see him the wrong side of the ball watching the game. Rash and mistimes tackles giving away dangerous free-kicks & no power of recovery when the opposition goes beyond him. I’m very nervous when he plays & I’d even have Keane ahead of him.
Godfrey plays ok at LB or LCB in a 3. Holgate probably the same on the right. Both play better with Mina next to them as CB. Hopefully Tarkowski can stay fit and have the same influence on the group, and we see a much more solid group at the back for a full season.

I do also think our defence as a whole would massively benefit once our midfield has been upgraded.

Godfrey plays ok at LB or LCB in a 3. Holgate probably the same on the right. Both play better with Mina next to them as CB. Hopefully Tarkowski can stay fit and have the same influence on the group, and we see a much more solid group at the back for a full season.

I do also think our defence as a whole would massively benefit once our midfield has been upgraded.
Our midfield has been invisible at times over the last couple of seasons, which exposes a rocky defence.

People are bored with Allan and Doucoure it seems, but it was even worse before.

I honestly think Holgate is the better natural defender.

We're blinded by Godfreys aggression and pace.

We need the Club Doc to somehow splice them together.
I think Holgate is the superior centre-half (certainly in a two at least), whereas Godfrey is a bit more versatile and does a better job covering at full-back.

wise up, mina is a cripple with 1 year left on his deal and michael keane is just a terrible player who we overpaid massively for to begin with. we are not getting a decent return on them.
Keane, with a right partner is solid... why do you think Moyes wants him, alongside Zouma who if I remember had a pretty solid partnership
Mina... yes a cripple but in a more slower pace game in Europe will be an appeal

My thoughts only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back