Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who scores the goals though? Apart from DCL
If we got Gallagher, he scored same as Richarlison last season. In all fairness, I would like to see someone else brought in regardless of who leaves but who knows what we can afford? Also, if Richy does want to leave, why keep unhappy players at the club. As I said, I like him but the team needs a rebuild and has to be funded somehow.
Who scores the goals though? Apart from DCL

If we got Gallagher, he scored same as Richarlison last season. In all fairness, I would like to see someone else brought in regardless of who leaves but who knows what we can afford? Also, if Richy does want to leave, why keep unhappy players at the club. As I said, I like him but the team needs a rebuild and has to be funded somehow.
Don't disagree but we would need another wide forward and a striker if Richy goes

Dennis and Cornet, although not marquee signings I don’t think would be as bad as some make out.

I’d obviously prefer better but there has to be a realistic approach too.

All players have the ability to perform differently in different systems.

Only Lampard knows how he wants us to play next year and moving forward, we can all speculate sure, but perhaps he sees something in these players that he feels will suit the system he plans to use.

I think the fact both are fairly versatile bodes well too.
Dennis fell off a cliff when Watford went diabolical. Had a decent start then didn't want to know.

Cornet makes sense, as he can play a variety of roles and can provide cover at lwb now Kenny is moving on and I don't see a future for Nkounkou.

Adding 2 players from the relegated Burnley squad would terrify me a bit though.

Aye I’d throw Allan and Gbamin into the mixer there too, surely then our wage bill would be in line with most other teams in the league.
I've said as a comparison before, but as of July 1st our wage bill and amortisations will be around 100M lower than Leicester, per season... We'll have cut around 80M costs in the space of around a year or so.

1510127C-FE72-4909-B2D8-E6D120571287.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.