Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

How?

It's literally his job. You have one plan for relegation, mainly sales, contract renegotiations with existing players and looking to pick up championship level players. And another plan if we manage to stay up, selling Richarlison and maybe Kean to balance the books and lining up a replacement for Richie and players for the utterly obvious holes in the squad. There were only two scenarios, ffs.

It's hardly Dr Strange at the end of Infinity War.
And those plans - whether we stayed up or not - would take a long while to come into place because that's just the mess we are in.

He's been in the job since Feb. In that time he's managed to make more changes - and they were needed so this isn't to credit him as such as they were simple - to the top of the club (below board level) than Brands managed in three years.

We do have obvious holes in the squad and they're working on fixing them - but, get this, we have very little money to play with. So the entire recruitment department, which is still being finalised anyway, and the DoF etc are negotiating from a place of weakness. Every club knows we're up the duff financially and all the deals so far that we've been trying to do and failed seem to have fallen down on how we can afford to structure the deals.

So what do we do to change that? We have to keep negotiating or move on to other targets and by and large that seems to be what's happening. But just because we move on to other targets doesn't make the clubs that those players play for any easier to negotiate with? We cannot afford big initial fees. Wolves are supposedly wanting £20m up front for MGW for example. We simply don't have it so we're having to negotiate and that's going to take time.

In the meantime the focus also has to be on getting others off the books but again, where is our bargaining power with that?

I'm psyched now for Scotlands next win v Andora
images.webp

I’m quite ambivalent about Gilmore not seen enough of him to form a real opinion, but I tend ignore posters who rant on about a player being rubbish, or SPL level FL2 standard at best and accuse fellow posters of not knowing anything about football because they disagree with him. ( this is not aimed at you BTW). If the internet was around when we bought Dave Clement or Paul Power the melt down on here would be seismic. As for Ampadu again no idea how good he is but I’d rather we bought players who is good in one position and play him there than buy a player because he can play in a few positions.
I’ve seen Ampadu play in central defence and defensive midfielder (which is probably where he’s stronger) and he would be a good addition, what I’ve seen of gilmour is he’s a talented young lad but at the minute I don’t think we as a team could carry him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back